Best Earbuds Under $50 – 2018 Reviews and Top Picks
Is the sound you are hearing from your mobile phone, iPod or other smart device just not satisfying to you anymore?
Maybe the problem is with your earbuds and not your smart device?
Well we have a solution for you.
If you are like most people you don’t go anywhere without your smart phone, iPod or other smart device. One of the most important roles of these devices is they store the music that you love on them. It’s great being able to access your favorite music anytime and anywhere. The only problem is, even music played on the highest quality smart devices won’t sound very good if you don’t match them up with a quality set of ear buds.
That is why we are here to help. We have come up with a list of the best earbuds under $50 for you. You won’t have to review the thousands of different earbuds that are out there in the marketplace because we have taken the time to do it for you.
Check out our reviews and you will find some very high quality earbuds at an extremely affordable price. Some will surprise you how well they work for how little they cost.
The quickest way to become dissatisfied with your earbuds is to just buy the first pair you come across or to get a pair that looks cool when you are wearing them. Here are 10 really good earbud sets that produce high quality sound and have some other nice features too. Best of all, any one of them can be yours for less than $50
Best Earbuds Under $50 Comparison Chart
Best Earbuds Under $50 Reviews
1. Blitzwolf In-Ear Wired Earbuds – Dual Sound Drivers and Noise Cancelling Features
Blitzwolf has done a really nice job with the design of these earbuds. The sound on them is really amazing. Let’s take a little closer look at them.
One of the problems with earbuds is they often try to force too much sound through one driver and it does not work so well in such a small device. These interesting earbuds actually have two drivers in them they use to deliver music to your ears. It makes for really clear high pitched sounds and gives you a rich, deeper bass too.
The fact that these well-designed earbuds have some noise cancelling properties only makes them more appealing. The sound you get from any type of earbud will be much clearer and more pleasant to listen to if there is less outside interference.
Among the other features that these earbuds have are such things as an oxidized metal finish in the outside of each earbud along with a textured rubber piece. This helps make these earbuds very durable and scratch resistant too. They also have a gold plated jack connection and a three button control that includes a microphone, volume adjustment and a call pickup switch. Your earbuds don’t just have to sound good either; they have to be comfortable as you wear them.
These quality earbuds are very ergonomically designed. They have an in ear design that makes them very light and comfortable to wear. The silicone muffs that are on each earpiece only add to their comfort while wearing them. These earbuds also offer up some style as you are wearing them too, that is never a bad thing. The Kit they come in includes a Velcro wire strap, a handy carry bag and three different size silicone earpieces.
Some concerns we have with this product
No earbuds are perfect and this model is no exception. One of the things we did not really think was great was their noise cancelling ability. It was better than some model earbuds but not as good as others we have listened through. The metal in these earbuds makes them get cold easy too, which might give you a little shock when you first put them in your ears if you have been outside on a cold winter day.
- Combine fashion and quality -- Oxidized CD finish metal texture back cavity and unique rubber patterned loops shows the fashionable and modern style while maximum the durability and scratch resistance.
- Dynamic Driver + Balanced Armature Driver -- Use a double unit structure consisting of a dynamic driver and balanced armature. Delivers distortion free deep bass create true sound reproduction.
- Ergonomically Designed -- Comfortable in-ear designed with 3 sizes of ear-buds suitable for different groups of people at different needs.
- 1.2m Durable TPE Cable+Built-in Microphone -- Durable, flexible tangle free TPE cable and button controls microphone, one-button call control and music play, a combination of user-friendly and practical.
- Ultra Strong Compatibility -- 3.5mm 24k Gold-plated audio jack compatible with all 3.5mm interface device, such as, iPhone SE/ 6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus/5/5c/5s, iPad Mini,iPad Air, iPod, Samsung Galaxy, etc.
2. Ectreme Wired Metal In Ear Headphones
Here is another excellent pair of high definition metal earbuds. Ectreme has designed a pair of earbuds that most anyone will be happy with.
One of the things we like about these earbuds is they don’t claim to be noise cancelling. They claim to be noise insulating. It is hard for any pair of earbuds to be noise cancelling. Ectreme claims these earpieces are insulated to keep out unwanted noise from passing through them when they’re in your ear.
If you are a person that likes some heavy bass when you are listening to your music, then you will really take to these earbuds. The bass is very dynamic in them. Ectreme claims that these earbuds actually produce 4D sound. That would explain why all the tones, not just the bass, sound so good when using them. The addition of oxygen free copper wiring further enhances these earbuds sound capability too.
These great sounding earbuds are built to last and corrosion resistant. This is due in part to the fact that they are made using a high quality aluminum alloy. Everything that goes into the construction of these earbuds is of very high quality. They are solid all the way around and should hold up well for a long time.
The fit on these earbuds is very comfortable for most people too. In-ear style buds like these are lightweight and fit snug. You might not even realize they are in your ear once you get used to them. These earbuds also include a standard audio jack and an in-wire single button control that operates the play/pause, volume and call answering functions on this device. The lifetime warranty at comes with them is a huge bonus that you get with these well-designed earbuds.
Some concerns we have with this product
Overall these are a very good pair of earbuds but there were still a few things that needed improvement with them. The ear pieces do not fit snug enough to train with them so they are not great for using during physical activity. We also thought the cord could be made to be just slightly longer.
- STEREO SURROUND SOUND - Using 4D Surround Sound design,bring you enjoy unbeatable sound performance with deep and rich bass.
- NOISE ISOLATING - Advanced Driver casings are designed and made with solid sound-insulating material, reducing external noise while minimizing sound leakage.You can enjoy the life of the music.
- ALUMINIUM ALLOY HOUSING - earphones has a aluminium alloy housing that is more corrosion-resistant, anti-aging and more durable than traditional metal headphones;oxygen-free copper wiring blocks interference for better-sounding audio.
- DEEP HEAVY BASS - Professional design team improved the sound quality of the bass and HIFI through the tuning process and the advanced conductive alloy housing ensures excellent dynamic unit enhance its HD sound significantly.
- COMPATIBLE - 3.5MM audio jack can compatible mostly smartphones and other devices, including iPhones/ iPads/ iPods
3. ALZN Premium Wood Earbuds
Earbuds that are made of wood are getting more and more popular. These are one of the better wooden earbud models that you will find.
It’s pretty amazing but it’s true. These incredible looking earbuds are really made out of handcrafted sandalwood. It helps to keep them light, durable and produce excellent acoustics. Wood enhances sound much better than plastic or metal. When you put these on you will notice the difference right away.
Another great feature on these is the cabling that is used in them. It is thick and made with a coating that is flexible and virtually tangle free. Cables and wires are usually one of the most susceptible areas for damage on any set of earbuds but that is not the case with these. The cabling on these model earbuds is also made using oxygen free copper, so they actually help improve the sound quality even further.
Overall there is truly much to like about these earbuds. One of the great things about them is the fact that they possess some noise insulating properties. It just makes the listening experience with these that much better. The wood in their construction does a great job of blocking outside noises when they are placed in your ear. These earbuds will fit any standard audio jack on your mobile phone, iPod or other smart device. Attached to the heavy duty cabling is a control switch that will allow you to execute such functions as play, pause, skip to the next track and answer a phone call.
Some concerns we have with this product
These earbuds are very scratch and dent resistant but they are not impregnable. Sandalwood is a very soft wood and if you step on them or exert too much force on them they will break. We also feel that the bass on these is not as deep as in other sets of earbuds that we have worn.
4. Rovking In-Ear Earbuds
Here is a good looking set of earbuds from Rovking. There really are many quality features that are built into these.
These certainly might be the best looking earbuds out of any of the models we reviewed. They have a sort of a black textured gunmetal look to them that is outstanding. They were designed with the idea of matching up well with the look of iPhones and they do it perfectly. These earbuds look so good they are more like a fashion accessory than a listening device.
We really liked the quality of the bass with this set of earbuds too. If you play a lot of music that requires rich, deep bass then you will really like them. Even the midrange sounds are exceptional when listening with these.
Not only does the metal in this model of earbuds make it look great but it also helps make it a very durable product too. The manufacturer has so much confidence in how well these are built they back them up with a full 30 day, 100% money back guarantee. That makes certainly will make you comfortable purchasing them.
These earbuds also have some other things we like about them. They do a good job of insulating outside sounds while you are wearing them and they also have an in-wire control. You can answer calls, pause and play your music or select a different music track with the built in control switch.
Some concerns we have with this product
As with any product we saw a few areas with these earbuds that could use improvement. For one, they seem to be a little loose in the ear even when trying different size ear tips on them. It’s not that they fall out but they do seem to have a little more wiggle room than we like. The midrange and bass sounds with these earbuds are excellent but the high sounds were not the clearest with them.
- PREMIUM METAL HOUSING OF IPHONE MATCHING COLOR, Which Looks Fashion and Elegant in Ears - The metallic shine of aluminum alloy and sandblasted textured surface makes these in ear headphones feel much more elegant than those made of plastic. Wired metal earbud headphones are color matching with apple iphone, which look stylish in your ears.If you are looking for high quality buds headphones of premium feel with a reasonable price. This's a great option to complement your outfit and accessories.
- GREAT SOUND QUALITY WITH DEEP BASS, Enjoy Music The Way It's Meant to Be Heard - These stereo metal headphones earbuds generate excellent tune quality. Clear mids, strong bass and adequate highs without distortion. You can hear every details clearly when listening to music, audio book and watching movies. Good noise isolating feature and loud sound allows you to hear the other party clearly on the phone call even in noisy environment.
- SOLID BUILT BUT LIGHTWEIGHT, PORTABLE WITH CARRYING CASE - The aluminum alloy housing of these wired earbud headphones guarantee extreme durability. You don't have to worry about ear buds getting apart in bags when put together with other accesories. These durable buds headphones are lightweight, ideal for listening during exercise, walk, commute, travel or everyday use. These in ear headphones also come with a pocket size carrying case, which prevent ear buds from being scratched and squeezed.
- CONTROL PHONE CALLS, MUSIC TRACKS AT YOUR FINGERS and Have Hands-Free Conversation - In-line mic and remote control are bulit in these ear phones. No need to take out your phone from pocket any more. Free your hands and keep on doing home work or jobs, while talking on the phone at the same time. The answer/hang up phone call and music track control feature can work with iPhone, iPod, iPad, Smartphone, laptop, computer, mp3, tablet etc. Great earphones for skype and online video chats.
- 100% SATISFACTION & MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - If our wired metal earbuds with microphone are not everything that we say they are or you're not completely satisfied with them for 30 days, we will refund every penny of your money without question asked. If there are any quality issues, we will offer you a toal refund or replacment without cost. There's ABSOLUTELY NO RISK for you.
5. Zeus Outdoor Noise Cancelling Wireless Earbuds
This is a sturdy and durable set of earbuds that are great for active music lovers.
These are built strong for use during any type of recreational activity. You have a choice of using several different foam or silicone tips with them to help get the fit exactly right which is important when exercising or running. They also conveniently hook over your ear to help keep them stable as you jog, bike or do any other type of physical activity with them.
This set of earbuds from Zeus is also a very resilient set of earbuds that can handle just about any condition you can subject them to while working out or training. Sweat and moisture are no problem for these earbuds because they are totally sealed. The space age plastics and fibers used in their construction only add to their toughness.
The fact that these are wireless does not mean they have no wires at all. Most manufacturers add wires that act as tethers so these will not get lost. They are however operated and powered by tiny batteries in the earpiece. They conveniently hook up to any Bluetooth equipped device. The 8 hours of battery time they have is great. The manufacturer has a lot of confidence in this product. They offer a 60 day no-questions-asked money back guarantee and a full two year exchange warranty. That is great piece of mind for anyone that purchases them.
Some concerns we have with this product
Because wireless earbuds require batteries some might feel they are a little on the heavy side. Sound travels easier through plastic and carbon fiber than it does metal and wood, so these are not great at noise insulation. The ear clip on these is very large and that may bother some people too.
- WHAT IS IMPROVED? Using new wireless headphones speakers, we achieved a better balance between deep bass, clear highs and mids. With new innovations of Nano technologies coating we improved IPx7 waterproof.
- WIRELESS HEADPHONES ZEUS - the best running headphones. Perfect sport headphones for any indoor - outdoor activities. Wireless earbuds with secure over ear hooks stay put on during your workout.
- WIRELESS HEADPHONES WITH NOISE CANCELLING MIC: Wireless earbuds with CVC 6.0 technology reduce outside noise and offer clear sound when making calls.
- WIRELESS HEDPHONES - UNIVERSAL CONNECTIVITY: Wireless 4.1 technology with APT-X compression allows easily pairing to any wireless devices up to 33 feet. Wireless earbuds can pair two wireless devices at the same time.
- UP TO 8 HOURS: Wireless headphones in ear provide up to 8 hours of play time on average volume. It takes just up to 2 hours to full charge. GET 100% SATISFACTION and a TWO-YEAR WARRANTY.
6. Phaiser BHS-730 Bluetooth Sport Earbuds
Here is a very interesting set of earbuds from Phaiser. Their design is much different than many other sports earbuds we have seen.
Innovation is the key feature with these earbuds. They have a specially designed ear piece that does not feature an over the ear clip like many sports headphones we see. The earpiece on these has a winged design.
We also feel the sound is better with these than with most sports earbuds. It is really good quality with a strong bass and decent mid and high ranges too. The ear tips on these are uniquely designed using memory foam. This helps give these earbuds better than normal sound insulation characteristics also.
Like most wireless sports headphones, these too enable you to listen to music when in sync with any Bluetooth equipped device. There is no plugging and unplugging of jacks which is always nice. It uses Bluetooth 4.1 which will use less of your battery power too. You can stow these earbuds around your neck when not using them because they are tethered together and there is even a handy microphone built into that tether too. There is also a carrying pouch included with your purchase to help protect these earbuds from damage when you they are stowed away or you are not using them.
Some concerns we have with this product
The winged ear tip design does help stabilize them some but it is not as good as true over the ear clips. Also, the memory foam does give these some insulation from noise but the plastic and fiber body does not. You may notice a little extra weight on your ears when wearing these too.
- HD SOUND - 8mm Speakers combined with Bluetooth 4.1 create super accurate HD sound with powerful bass. The bullet-shaped Comply T-400 M memory foam tips provide Total Isolation from external noise.
- MAGNETIC - Easily stow your Earbuds by wearing them around your neck. Instantly access your Earphones anytime without searching your pockets. Looks cool as well!
- SWEAT PROOF - Say Goodbye to Water-Damage! Protected by Liquipel Nano Coating your Buds withstand sweaty workouts and will survive accidental dropping into water - Guaranteed!
- SECURE FIT - The patented winged earphone tips hold your Buds in place during rigorous workouts. Over- and Under-Ear fit options included.
- LIFETIME SWEATPROOF WARRANTY - We will replace your Earbuds in case they ever get damaged by sweat! No questions asked.
7. Anlo Bluetooth Wireless Sports Earbuds
Here is another excellent pair of wireless sports earbuds. Once you start reading you will see there is much to like about them.
These earbuds are really built to handle the conditions that often accompany physical activity and working out. You don’t have to worry at all if you get a little bit of sweat or moisture on them. They are very well sealed as far as that goes. The advanced fibers and plastic used in their design helps make them very strong too.
Many people complain about the signal strength of Bluetooth equipped earbuds when you get any distance away from the source but that is not as big of a problem with these. These earbuds feature a ceramic antenna which tends to do a better job than regular antennas at picking up a Bluetooth signal.
The sound quality on these is good for sports earbuds. The built in Bluetooth 4.1 capability has a lot to do with that. You can easily connect to any Bluetooth equipped smart phone, iPod or other smart device. You can concentrate on your workout or activity without worrying about getting entangled in bothersome cables as you do it. There is decent battery life with these earbuds too thanks to using a newer Bluetooth system. To offset some of the non-noise insulating characteristics of its design Anlo has also added CVC noise cancellation 6.0 technology into the design of it.
Some concerns we have with this product
We have mentioned before that earbuds with predominantly plastic bodies are hard to insulate from outside noise and these earbuds are no exception. They can also feel a little bit bulky when you are wearing them and the over the ear style clip does tend to irritate some people.
- ?COMFORT & SECURE FIT DESIGN : The uniquely designed ear hooks fit your ears snug. Neckband design prevents troublesome wires from tangling during your workout. Premium soft smooth silicone gel surface Reduce the skin friction.
- ?NOISE ISOLATING: CVC noise cancellation 6.0 technology reduces outside noises, the integrated microphone lets you chat without external noise or other interference .
- ?LASTEST BLUETOOTH 4.1 TECHNOLOGY: Easy and fast pairing with smartphones, tablets and other Bluetooth enabled music devices; more efficient energy connection so you can listen to music for up to 7 hours.
- ?SIGNAL STRENGTH: Ceramic antenna improves signal strength and eliminates intermittent connections; inline microphone and controls let you take full control of your music list; answer phone calls without reaching your phone
- ?VOICE PROMPT: Voice Prompt function enables you know the using status right now; Support automatically reporting in-coming phone number, you will never miss a call. Support iOS battery monitoring.
8. Symphonized NRG 3.0 Wood In-ear Earbuds
Here is the second pair of earbuds in our top 10 list of the best earbuds that is made using all-natural wood.
There is a reason why the best concert halls are lined with wood and most high end speakers. It has everything to do with acoustics and that is the same thought that went into the design of these quality earbuds. The wooden material in them helps keep unwanted sounds out and the enjoyable sounds in.
These are built fairly tough too. They use some of the strongest cabling you will find in a device of this type. It is also tangle proof and flexible type cabling. The wooden pieces in these are backed with metal reinforcements also to further help these model earbuds hold up well over time.
What else do we like about these earbuds? We like the way they are easy to fit each individual. They come with different sized silicone ear tips to help you get just the right fit. Even the rest the body on these earbuds has a very ergonomic design and balanced weight to make them comfortable as you are wearing them. There is also a handy control installed right in the cable of this device too. You can easily do such things with that control switch as adjust your volume, switch tracks, answer the phone or start and pause your music.
Some concerns we have with this product
It’s true that these are a well-designed set of earbuds that work great but they will not stand up to sweat and other conditions that expose them to moisture. Wood does not scratch or dent easily but you can crush these earbuds because it’s soft, lightweight wood they are made with.
- HANDCRAFTED FROM ALL-NATURAL GENUINE WOOD: Our earphones produce crisp, powerful acoustics and deep bass, tapping into the natural acoustical qualities found in wood. Receive studio tuned, premium sound with crystal clear clarity- an experience exclusively delivered by Symphonized
- UNIQUE COMFORT FIT IN EAR DESIGN: Custom silicone ear tips available in three sizes (S/M/L) create noise isolation to reduce ambient noise for an incomparable audio experience; ensure the perfect fit for maximum noise isolation and comfort during long term wear
- USER-FRIENDLY! EASY TO USE: Deluxe features including volume control, pause/play capabilities, answer/end call function, Voice Control, and a smart inline microphone give you complete control over your listening experience, all while ensuring you never have to fumble around for your device.
- STYLE FOR EVERYONE: These ear buds offer something for everyone, available in 6 different color options with a sleek, fashionable dual toned tangle-free TPE cable; The NRG 3.0 is where durability, practicality, necessity, convenience and style meet
- COMPATABILITY: With luxury design and top notch sound quality, Symphonized earbuds are compatible with the latest generations of your favorite devices: iPod, iPhone, iPad, Android, tablets, mp3 players and others with a standard 3.5mm audio jack
9. T-TOPER Noise Isolating Stereo Earbuds
These are the only wired set of earbuds on our review list that are really good for wearing during physical activities like biking and working out.
Wired earbuds that are used during physical activities and workouts have some advantages. For starters the signal in them does not drop out as you move. That means you get good consistent sound quality as you train or exercise. You also tend to get a crisper and clearer sound with these earbuds too thanks in part to the two driver system they use and the fact they get more power by not being battery operated.
Another thing that makes these great for use during training or exercising is their durability. They are both sweat proof and waterproof which is a must for any earbud you are using during a physical activity. They also have a strong metal shell and tough wire cables that have Kevlar coating on them to help make them last a long time.
These are a highly compatible earbud device too. They can easily be paired with any android or apple driven device to get you the clear sound you demand when working out. The sturdy metal in their design also helps insulate outside sounds from getting into your ears when you wear them. T-Toper has also designed an earbud that is very ergonomic. That means you can wear these comfortably for a long period of time as you exercise or workout. These nicely designed earbuds even have a flash of style to them also.
Some concerns we have with this product
There were a few things we were not thrilled with as far as using these earbuds for physical activity. For one they are wired so the cord may get in your way at times which can be super inconvenient. The over the ear style clip these come with has also been known to bother some people when they wear them for a long time.
- Dual Drivers Earbuds These stereo earphones have brilliant performance. Enhance your music experience with high-fidelity audio. In-ear headphones have a high level of sound isolation for immersive audio with extended bass response.
- Waterproof Microphone & Volume Control Make you enjoy the exercise while enjoying the excellent listening experience. Easy to change between call and music. Very convenient to get access to hands-free calling.
- Noise Isolation Design Ergonomic soft high-flexibility nipple-class silicon earbuds and adopted 120°oblique in-ear wearing, secure fit that will not fall off, also can effectively isolate the external noise. Great for running traveling workout or gym.
- Convenient & Comfortable Designed for different occasions, whether it is sports or leisure time, produce no burden on your ears. Wired earphones with 6 sets of different soft silicone earbuds tips ensure a proper fit and extra comfort.
- Broad Compatibility Compatible with most IOS and Android smart devices with 3.5mm jack includes Siri support. Such devices include iPhones, iPod, Tablet, all iPads, Android smartphones and many more.
10. GRDE Bluetooth True Wireless Stereo Earbuds
These well-designed earbuds are the only ‘true wireless’ earbuds on our review list. They do not even use a tether like most wireless earbuds use.
You cannot workout or do a physical activity and listen to music at the same time any easier than when using these true wireless earbuds. There are very few wireless earbuds that do not have any cabling or a tether but these are one of them. As long as they fit snug you will be able to work out, run or do any other physical activity totally unencumbered.
They are built using advanced plastics and fibers too. This means they will hold up well to the rigors that physical activity normally places on earbuds. They are sealed very well so you do not have to worry about getting any sweat or moisture on them too.
These earbuds have a very interesting stabilizing system they use too when placed in your ear. They use an ear wing type stabilizer instead of a clip that goes totally over your ear. This helps add to their comfort when wearing them. They also are Bluetooth version 4.1 compatible which will help extend their battery life. One of the neat things about these earbuds is they have separate and independent drivers. That gives you the ability to wear both of them yourself or share them with your workout partner. These ear buds are barely noticeable when you are wearing them also.
Some concerns we have with this product
This is truly a great product for use when working out but it is not without its faults. There is a reason that most companies tether their ports earbuds and that is because they are small and can be easily lost. You have to really be careful not to lose these. The ear wing stabilizer on them does not perform as well as a clip that goes over your ear so tend to wiggle a little in your ear when used.
- Wireless Earbuds offer a truly engaging wire-free listening experience. Each ear bud sits comfortably and snugly in your ears. The included stabilizers-wing tips provide extra secure fit for your workout.
- Stereo headphones adopt the latest Bluetooth V4.1 plus EDR, faster pairing speed, stable connection and high level of noise canceling, truly wireless in ear headphones.
- Dual Ear Mode/ Single Ear Mode: Dual earpiece work individually or in pair; you can pair two mini earbuds in double or share one with your love or friend. Earphones fit larger batteries, with a playtime varied between 3 and 5 hours, or 125 hours standby time with a full charge.
- One-Button with multi-function: simply one press to pair / play / pause / answer or reject phone calls. Headphones are widely compatible with most of Bluetooth-enabled IOS Android devices, such as iPhone, Samsung, Moto, HTC, Zenphone, Huawei, Smartphones etc.
- Fashion design with the two compact earbuds which are well built and light weight; Sweatproof construction is perfect for sports, gym exercise, running, jogging etc.
HANDY EARBUD BUYER'S GUIDE
By now you probably have a pretty good idea what we like to see designed into a set of earbuds from reading our reviews. It will also help you to see it in list form. Here are what we feel are the main characteristics to take a look at when shopping for a set of earbuds to listen to your music with.
All the earbuds on our list of the best ones were under $50. There are some earbuds that cost way more than that too. You basically can find earbuds for as little as a few dollars or for well over $100. What you spend on them is determined by your budget and by how much use you will get out of them if you spend a lot of money for them.
As a general rule you usually get what you pay for when it comes to earbuds. Less expensive pairs will most likely not work as well and more expensive earbuds generally perform well. You can at times find a bargain in stores and on the internet so take your time when shopping.
A large part of determining what type of earbuds you will buy depends on what you will use them for. You certainly don’t want to use a good pair of wooden earbuds that aren’t sealed if your main use for them is listening to music while you are working out. Sweat and other moisture will surely ruin them.
You also don’t need a top of the line pair of waterproof earbuds if you will only use them for riding on the subway 15 minutes each day. It just does not make sense to spend a lot of money on earbuds for that reason. So take a little time before buying to think about how often you will use your new earbuds, what you will use them for and what the environment is like that they will be used in.
Wired or Wireless
This category almost goes hand in hand with intended use but it’s so important it gets its own description. One of your hardest buying choices will be to choose whether you go wireless or get a set of earbuds that have wires or cables. The choice is a lot harder than you think because there are many things to consider.
If you are primarily going to use your earbuds while you work out you will strongly want to consider going wireless. That way you won’t have to worry about wires or cables interfering with your movement. If your new earbuds are for listening pleasure only then you will probably want wired earbuds. The main reason for this is in most cases wired or cabled earbuds will give you better quality sound.
If you are going to buy a pair of earbuds for $3 then it pretty much does not matter how well they are built. As a matter of fact, it makes them pretty much disposable so don’t worry about how well built they are or what they are made of.
Quite the opposite is true if you spend a $100 on a pair of earbuds. You darn well better be sure they are made out of quality materials and put together in a sound way. What makes a set of earbuds durable? Look for things such as thicker cables and the use of metals or advanced plastics in their construction.
Of course one of the biggest considerations when buying a new pair of earbuds is the sound quality that you get from them. This is another factor that is tied closely to price as we mentioned before. Don’t expect the sound quality you get from a $5 pair of earplugs to be the same as the sound quality you get from an $80 set of earbuds because it’s not going to happen.
What else makes for superior sounding earbuds? You need to look for such things as earbuds that have dual or triple drivers and have quality materials such as gold plating or brass used on the end where the adapter jack gets plugged in. The material you choose will be a factor in sound quality also. Wooden earbuds will give you the best sound, metal is ok too and there is a sound quality drop off on earbuds that are made of plastics or other synthetic materials.
It does not matter how good the sound coming out of your earbuds are if other outside sounds are getting in your ears at the same time. That is why it is nice if the model earbuds that you will purchase have some sound cancelling or sound insulating properties.
Certain materials are better at doing this than others. Wood and metal block much more sound than earbuds that are made of plastic or synthetics. The ear tip design too can play a big role in this. Ear tips with such things as memory foam will fit tighter and block out more unwanted outside sounds as a result.
Microphone equipped/In-wire controls
If you buy a set of earbuds that have a control switch on the wires or tether that will be a nice bonus to have. It is really convenient to be able to do such things as change a track, pause and play your music or answer your phone just by activating a switch that is built right into an earbuds wire, cable or tether.
Speaking of answering mobile phones, if you are going to be using your cell phone as your music player too, you will really want any earbuds you buy to have an attached microphone.
Having a set of earbuds that is Bluetooth enabled is extremely nice if they are an earbud that is of high quality. Lesser quality earbuds that are Bluetooth enabled may not give you the level of sound quality that you require. So be careful here when shopping to draw a line on price and quality before demanding your earbuds have Bluetooth technology.
Of course if you are using wireless earbuds those will definitely have to be Bluetooth enabled or they will be useless. The big drawback with these is that if you are using them to work out, you will be setting an expensive smart device down somewhere to stream music and it can get stolen or damaged.
These days there are other factors that go into purchasing a set of earbuds besides their sound quality and how well built they are. There are some very stylish models out there in the marketplace too. There is nothing that says you can’t have good quality sound coming out of your earbuds and have them look good while doing it too. In our review list of the best earbuds for under $50 we gave you a few examples of some very stylish earbuds.
You probably don’t want style to be your biggest consideration when buying earbuds but you don’t want them to be an eyesore either. There are plenty of affordable model earbuds out there that look good too.
Here is another factor that is closely tied into price. Once again if you are buying earbuds under $5 you are not going to be concerned too much with a warranty. If you are buying a $70 dollar pair of earbuds then that is a whole different story. The more money you spend the more you need to be aware of what the warranty is on the set of earbuds you are considering buying and the longer you want that warranty to be.
Warranties are also a good way to make a final choice between two similar models of earbuds and they will also give you an indication of how well built a manufacturer thinks their particular earbuds are.
The right pair of earbuds will truly enhance your listening enjoyment when hooked up to your mobile phone, iPod or other smart device. We have taken the time to review some of the best earbuds under $50 for you. You certainly cannot go wrong purchasing any of these model earbuds as long as you match them up correctly with your intended use. If you still don’t feel any of those we reviewed here will work for you, then refer to our handy earbud buying guide when shopping.
Either way you have a good chance of getting an affordable pair of earbuds that will also be durable and give you some great listening pleasure too.