Introducing the Optoma ML750ST Ultra-Compact 700 Lumen WXGA Short Throw LED Projector. It is designed specifically for business-people and travelers and is super light and compact. But is this projector worth its $550+ price tag. Read on for an unbiased look at the pros and cons of this popular projector.
- It is portable yet powerful and is ideal for travelling presenters, business people, and teachers. Even if you’re travelling carry-on only, by train, or on foot, this projector weighs less than a pound and is very practical to take with you wherever you go. It also comes with a stylish carry bag.
- The infra-red remote control (batteries included!) make presentation seamless. Additionally, the device mirroring is excellent, so regardless of the way you work best, you’re always in control of your presentation.
- The manufacturer promises that the LED lamp in this projector will last up to 20,000 hours and many of this unit’s reviewers confirm that the bulb life is exceptionally long.
- In addition to presentations, it does have a few other uses. The HDMI input allows for connection with laptops, PCs, DVD players and even games consoles. It also has the capacity to show slides or photos directly from a micro SD card.
- Set up is very easy and the projector comes with a “quick start” guide. But, if you do have any trouble with the calibration or anything else, free tech support is available for 60 days after purchase.
- This is very definitely a business and presentation model and its main attractions lie in its compact size and surprising power. However, if you’re looking for a serious gaming or cinematic projector – you should look to other models. The reactions are not instant and, when playing first person action games, you will certainly experience lag. That said (I’m always one to turn a con into a pro), it is quite good that you can plug your handheld console (like PSP or Nintendo 3DS) into it for a more exciting on the road gaming experience.
- Some reviewers comment that the cooling fan on the Optoma ML750ST Ultra-Compact makes a slight, but constant whirring sound, particularly when using the more high-performance screen modes or when it has been running for a long time.
Size and Design:
This unit weighs less than a pound and measures just 4.2 (width) x 4.1 (depth) x 1.5 (height) inches and is among the most compact projectors on the market. The design is sleek and modern and any traveling presenter would be proud to pull it from his or her briefcase.
Considering its small size and light weight, this unit has surprisingly good projection quality. It needs just 32 inches of projection space to project a 50-inch image. Additionally, the 700 ANSI Lumens and the 20,000:1 contrast create an exceptionally sharp image with high resolution.
(pending – more to be written about performance)
If you’re looking for a projector with exceptional picture quality and resolution, but need something that you can pick up and take with you, this short-throw projector from Optoma is an excellent choice. It is among the best sellers in electronics stores and on major sales sites such as Amazon.com.