In case you need additional information on your laptop away from the internet, a USB Hub would be what you need.
USB portholes are like a bag of gold dust, and you can do a lot with them. If you purchase two or three of them from recommended sellers, you can make things easier in terms of data storage and transfer.
The challenge that most people face is identifying a good seller, the best type of USB and probably an affordable product. In this article, we have compiled a list of 5 of the best USB choices (from customers reviews and comparisons) that can give you exemplary performance.
Related Article: Best Tripod for iPhone [Complete With Reviews & Comparisons]
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Take a look!
Best USB Hubs – Comparison Table
||1. Anker Upgraded Version 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
||2. Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
|3. USB C HDMI Adapter for MacBook Pro
|4. Anker USB C Hub Adapter, 5-in-1 USB C Adapter
|5. Anker USB C Hub Adapter
Our Best USB Hubs Reviews and Comparisons
1. Anker Upgraded Version 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
The slimline design of the Anker USB version is something you can’t resist buying once you come across it. This USB has a fast and quite efficient interface standard which allows you to connect with just about anything you like.
People who love sticking their hard drive and SB pen on the side of a laptop find this USB great to use.
The cable can turn one USB port of your computer into four ports. With four ports, it makes data, movies, and photo library transfer speed at 5Gbps.
What We Like About Anker Upgraded Version 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
This adapter has at least four ports you can connect your USB, ADMI or Ethernet. It has damage resistance in that even after you twist it extensively; the cable remains firm and consistent.
This USB has high-speed charging ability making it a top choice for over 30 million people across the world.
What We Don’t Like About Anker Upgraded Version 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
The cable is not durable enough and can’t charge an iPhone and Apple watch together.
- Anker 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub is efficient. Easy to use and user-friendly.
- The hub possesses high-speed charging ability
- This USB is a perfect match for Xbox One
- The USB is slim and light in weight.
- The cable wire is extremely short that you can’t work with when your laptop or desktop is in the far end.
- Keeps pausing when transferring data.
2. Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
The Sabrent Hub comes with inbuilt LED power buttons that are HB-UM43 in nature. The USB has four ports that allow you to plugin options whenever you like, and is great, especially if you are looking for flexibility.
Each port, however, has a power button that you can power on/off rather than disconnecting when you want to use the next port. Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub is just an ergonomic cable for all businesses and at home.
This USB comes with four ports that you can connect to at least four devices. It can support data transfer speed for over 5Gbps for USB 3.0 and 12Mbps for USB 2.0. The cable is reversely compatible for both USB 2.0 and USB 1.1, and it comes with an LED indicator display in every port.
What We Like About Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
The four ports in the cable act as a significant enough number to data holding. Also, the device is small enough that you can use it with ease and flexibility.
What We Don’t Like About Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
The cable is not that useful since it has a consumption of 900 mA. If your keyboard has a consumption rate of 500mA and the mouse consumption is 100mA, the cable will consume more power.
This means it’s less economical on power.
- Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub is easy to step and install as it requires no technical knowledge.
- Easy to set up
- It’s user-friendly and super in industrial quality
- It is perfect when you are traveling as it has a compact design.
- This cable has some critical faults. When you’re transferring data and happen to move it slightly, data flow and power are interrupted, and the whole process stops.
- When you plug in multiple devices such as headphones, iPod, and iPad, the cable stops charging.
3. USB C HDMI Adapter for MacBook Pro
The USB-c is a five into 1hub which is an extended 4K UHD port cable. It has two super-speed USB 3.0 ports, one reliable SD Memory Card slot, and a one-time TF memory slot originating from one USB-C port. With this hub, you can extend your screen and stream 4K UHD or full HD, monitor, or projector.
It allows you to connect your keyword, hard drive, mouse, and other devices into your MacBook Pro altogether.
This hub comes with two supper speed of 5Gbps data transmission. Also, the cable has a perfect aluminum coating which makes it an excellent choice for almost all laptops.
What We Like About USB C HDMI Adapter for MacBook Pro
The hub offers a great video experience of 4K @30hz, which is compatible with any laptop or desktop, and its speed is incredible.
What We Don’t Like About USB C HDMI Adapter for MacBook Pro
Even though the manufacturer has included Galaxy S10 in the list of items the cable is compatible with, this does not appear to be the case. Many buyers have complained that it is not compatible.
- The hub is built with durable quality aluminum metal and not a plastic coating as it is in most cases.
- The storage versatility is high.
- Offers a perfect match with MacBook Pro color
- The hub is pocket-sized, which makes it easy to store.
- The hub only supports 30Hz through an HDMI.
- Its durability does not go beyond one year.
4. Anker USB C Hub Adapter, 5-in-1 USB C Adapter
The Anker USB C Hub comes with two USB ports where one is an HDMI port and the other for a micro SD card slot. Apart from the ports, the hub comes with an SD card that you can use on your MacBook.
With this hub, you can transfer data in minutes, connect your HDMI to stream your movies, music, and library photos at the comfort of your house.
The hub has at least two ports with a specified purpose, and the SD slot allows for quick and effective access to all data.
What We Like About Anker USB C Hub Adapter, 5-in-1 USB C Adapter
This USB can transfer movies, music, and others at a very high speed. The ports allow for multiple users at a single time.
What We Don’t Like About Anker USB C Hub Adapter, 5-in-1 USB C Adapter
The Anker USB C Adapter is not compatible with iPad Pro 2018. This means if you are a fan of the iPad, you can’t use it together.
- The streamlined nature of the USB helps in improving performance stability.
- The cable comes with a pouch for protection.
- The cable transfers data at super speed.
- You can switch from one peripheral without a need to disconnect from the operating system.
- The cable has slow connectivity.
- If you use the HDMI port frequently for about two weeks, the port becomes loose and stops functioning.
5. Anker USB C Hub Adapter, 5-in-1 USB C Adapter with 4K USB C to HDMI
This USB comes with massive expansion ports for one USB-C port and up to three standard USB 3.0, One HDMI and one Ethernet port. With the cable, you can stream 4K and access up to 5Gbps data speed transfer.
The manufacturer ensures the cable has 18 months warranty upon which if you realize any deformity, you can ask for a replacement.
The cable has a high-speed ability for data transfer, and you can use this cable at the same time to transfer data, use for HDMI, and Ethernet functions.
What We Like About Anker USB C Hub Adapter, 5-in-1 USB C Adapter with 4K USB C to HDMI
The cable can stream on large monitors or TVs in 4K @30Hz with a perfect high-quality video.
What We Don’t Like About Anker USB C Hub Adapter, 5-in-1 USB C Adapter with 4K USB C to HDMI
You can’t charge your phone using this cable since it is only designed for data transfer.
- The cable can control temperatures and does not get overheated.
- The cable allows instant internet access
- You can stream 4K video and access 5Gbps of data transfer speed
- The cable has a high charging speed.
- Even though the exterior of the adapter is quite firm, the USB-C connector is loose.
- The USB does not work in 1Gbps on Mac OS X Mojave.
On the list are the best USB Hubs you can find on Amazon. It is, however, essential to note that before you settle on which USB Hub to buy, factor in what you want and for what purpose.
Our top pick is the ANKER UPGRADED VERSION 4-PORT USB 3.0 HUB
Read Article: Best Tripod for iPhone [Complete With Reviews & Comparisons]