Going through the dilemma of prices for a good quality projector?
You know that there are projectors on the market starting from $50 to more than a thousand bucks. While cheap products lack in quality, highly-priced products make you break the bank. So, what to do?
Don’t worry. We have taken more than 48 hours to determine the top 20 projectors that are under $100 to $1000. That means you will get the review of projectors under $100, $150, $200, $300, $400, $500 and $1000 in that one article!
Now the problem is, due to keeping the best projectors of 2019 in one place, the article is going to be a massive review article. Don’t worry though, we have categorized the article in 7 sections. You may navigate the article from the right side of the article too (sidebar). Let’s see the sections:
Related Article: 10 Cheapest 4K Projectors in 2019 – The Ultimate Guide
Best 8 Cheap Projectors under $100
|EDITOR’S CHOICE||1. DR.J 1800Lumens 4Inch Mini Projector||Check Price|
|RUNNER UP||2. DBPOWER 1200 Lumens LED Portable Projector||Check Price|
|3. Crenova XPE470 Mini LED Video Projector||Check Price|
In this section, we are super sensitive to those readers of us, who are bound in a very low budget. Considering the product quality, real-time benefits, expert reviews and price-quality ratio, here we go with the top 5 projectors under $100.
1. DR.J 1800Lumens 4Inch Mini Projector Review
It is compatible with Amazon Fire TV Stick, TV Box, PCs, Laptops, Chromebook, Tablets, DVD player, SD Card, USB Flash Drive, iPad, iPhone, Android Smartphones. Most surprisingly, it has a 3 years money-back guarantee!
When we’re going through the real-life features of this product, we’re quite amazed at a sense. A display resolution of 1920×1080, which comes from a light source of 1800 lumens is all you want to watch. It’s way brighter than many other models and still costs not so much more energy.
Moving forward, it comes about the durability and techy features of compatibility.
The devices we use practically (i.e. TV box, TV stick, PCs, Tablets, laptops, iPhones and Smartphones) are perfectly compatible with DR.J (Upgraded) 1800Lumens 4Inch Mini Projector. Also, it can take inputs from Flash Drives, SD cards and other sorts of music players.
We can’t actually find any real cons of this product. And still, we had a wish to put it at the top of our list of the best projector under $100. But due to its high price, we had to resist ourselves.
You are on this page because you have a bit of limitation with the budget. But if the budget is, however, a more important buying factor to you, then DBPOWER 1200 Lumens LED Portable Projector is meant to be yours.
It’s one of the cheapest projectors in the market. But have a look at the features below and I guess you’ll not be disappointed.
DBPOWER 1200 Lumens LED Portable Projector is the synonym of meeting both ends of budget and quality. It’s not a hi-tech giant projector, but movies, games and outdoor recreation can be easily carried on.
Its technical side consists of a 50”-150” displaying range, a projector minimum distance of 1.5-5 meters and supports up to 1080p of display resolution. Although it’s native resolution is 800×480, but the 1200 lumens light covers this up.
DBPOWER 1200 Lumens LED Portable Projector has a throw distance of 4.9 feet to 13.12 feet. So, in a single size room, everyone can have a clear vision of the movie that you’d be watching.
Wrapping up all the details, we think it’s a good pick for the budget. Also, we’ve listed it our best budget pick in this review.
3. Crenova XPE470 Mini LED Video Projector Review
To be frank, we aren’t particularly fond of its one feature. But we appreciate much of its all-in-one solution as a mini LED projector. Besides, it’s from reputed manufacturer Crenova and this brand has an enormous reputation to stick to promises.
Crenova XPE470 Mini LED Video Projector is basically a home entertainment solution. For playing games, watching movies (see projector’s list for watching movies) or Netflix series- anything can be done through it with ease. Comparing to other mini projectors weighing 2-4 pounds, it’s way better at its job.
Credit definitely goes to its upgraded LED technology. As a mini projector, it flashes out clearer and brighter projection that its competitors. Also, as it adopts an upgraded LED technology, it’s not harmful to eyes.
Very few of the 2-4 pounds projectors have a record of 30,00+ hours lifespan. But Crenova XPE470 Mini LED Video Projector is tested in the game and declared more than okay.
To customize the display as per your requirement, there are a set of keystones which makes the job in seconds. And of course, it doesn’t affect the projection quality.
You should be using that at home and we have to hardly tilt projectors at home. But in case you need to, Crenova XPE470 Mini LED Video Projector won’t disappoint you. It can be tilted and it won’t affect viewers from enjoying clear, shiny and highly-resolution videos.
So, among the mini projectors, Crenova XPE470 Mini LED Video Projector is a good buy. Also, Crenova itself has a good reputation for after-sales service. So, you can leave the worries of the warranty away.
4. BenQ HT2150ST
- Fast, Light and Versatile
The BenQ HT2150ST is a fast, sharp project with excellent optics, bright displays, and a sleek and modern aesthetic. It is a great pick for gamers and people who have a smaller space. The HT2150ST weighs just over 7 pounds so it can be quickly moved from room to room or even outside on a warm night. BenQ offers a three-year warranty for this projector with six months on the bulb; you can also purchase an extended warranty of extra protection through them.
- The Tradeoff Is The Bulb
With a 240 watt bulb, It projects a decent 2,200 ANSI lumens, so it should give you a bright display as long as the ambient lighting is dimmed down. This model is a good amount of dimmer than others in its price range. BenQ has included three different modes for its bulb so you can switch between performance as need be. If you keep the device in Eco mode the project life of the lamp is 7000 hours or a little over six years if used 3 hours a day.
- Short Throw
This model delivers a high resolution in native 1080p Full HD with the added capability of projecting in 3D. The projection is bright and colorful with a six times RGBRGB color wheel that gives lifelike colors in high resolution. The high contrast ratio in the device of 15,000 to one ensures sharp edges and dynamic blacks. The HT2150ST can throw a 300-inch screen from a short throw distance; it has one of the shortest throws on our list capable of projecting a hundred-inch screen from only 5 feet away.
- No Issues With Latency
This projector’s sound is vibrant and crystal clear, giving you great audio to go along with the fantastic visuals. The HT2150ST has two 10w speakers with stereo sound housed in resonant sound chambers the music is vibrant and loud, so there is no need sound hooking up another audio device.The device is highly responsive with a minimal lag of 16.67ms making for a great gaming experience. Connections are limited in the device, and you may want to upgrade it to a wireless connection. This is one of our top recommendations for anyone looking for a projector for gaming.
- No lag issues
- Excellent speakers
- Very short screen throw
- Good colour and contrast ratio
- A beautiful, modern design aesthetic
- A beautiful, modern design aesthetic
- Limited choice of connection ports
5. ViewSonic PX706HD
- Great Multiple Usage Option
The ViewSonic PX706HD is another excellent all-around choice for a projector in its class. This device is the perfect choice of multi-use buyers with portability and colorful, bright display. At just under 6 pounds it should be light enough to carry between locations without much effort. It’s a great choice for small spaces and gamers alike.If you’re looking for versatility in your projector that also offers outstanding specs, this ViewSonic won’t let you down. The company provides a three-year warranty for this projector with one year on the bulb itself, extended plans up to 5 years are offered for purchase as well.
- Bright, Long-Lasting Bulb
The ViewSonic PX706HD has a very bright 3,000 ANSI DLP 240 watt lamp so your viewing should be bright and colorful even in a brightly lit office. This projector also has vertical digital keystone correction so you shouldn’t have any issues with blurry image quality. View Sonic has included two settings for the bulb, normal mode, and a dynamic eco mode to help you extend the life of your lamp. When placed in Eco mode the PX706HD’s light has a projected life of 15,000 hours or 13 and a half years at 3 hours a day viewing.
- Beautiful Colors and a High Contrast
Like all the other projectors on this list, the ViewSonic PX706HD offers the full HD 1080p experience and also has the capacity to project in 3D. The projection of this device won’t disappoint due to its high contrast ratio of 22,000 to one.It puts on a spectacular show projecting in 1.07 billion colors with clear edges, dynamic blacks, and bright whites. This projector is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a short-throw device, it is capable of projecting a 120-inch screen from 5 feet away. It may not be the biggest screen but it will be beautiful and bright.
- Ultra Low Lag
ViewSonic has equipped the PX706HD with a 5w speaker, it may not be the most prominent speaker on our list, but it delivers a clear sound with minimal feedback in a full 20Hz – 20Khz sound range.If you are looking for a projector for gaming on a large scale, then this device has reduced input latency and a gaming mode that should give you a fast and immersive experience. The PX706HD has a multitude of input methods and should be able to connect to any device, including two HDMI ports and a USB Type-C sadly it is doesn’t have a wireless connection.
- A high powered bulb with a long life span
- Good contrast ratio
- Colourful and bright display
- Virtually lag free
- Good connectability
- Mediocre speakers
- Smaller screen size compared with others in its class.
6. InFocus IN3148HD
- A great choice for the classrooms and office
The InFocus IN3148HD is a top-of-the-line device at a mid-range price. This Projector is ideal for meeting rooms and classrooms and could make for a good outdoor movie projector, but we don’t recommend this projector for serious gaming. At almost 10 pounds it is heavier than other models but is still portable and compact. The InFocus IN3148HD comes with a comprehensive two-year warranty that also covers the bulb.
- 5,000 ANSI Lumens Bulb
This is the brightest projector on our list with a 310-watt bulb and an ultra-bright 5,000 ANSI lumens projection you shouldn’t have any fears of ambient lighting.Due to the bright display, the bulb can go fast lasting only 3,500 hours at the brightest setting, but InFocus has included four modes to help lengthen the life expectancy of your bulb; bright, low, eco and dynamic. When the device is used in dynamic mode, it has a projected 6,000 hours life expectancy giving you almost 5 and a half years at 3 hours a day before you need a new bulb.
- A 400 Inch Screen
The IN3148HD professional projector is capable of producing a massive screen of 400 inches in full 1080P full HD as well as 3D. The decently high contrast of 16,000 to 1 makes for a beautiful picture with a million colors on six-segment wheels and utilizing BrilliantColor DLP imaging. The colors are bright, the blacks are deep, and the images have nice sharp edges. You shouldn’t have much trouble using the projector in smaller rooms because of its medium throw range.
- Good Connection Options for Computers
Connecting to the device shouldn’t be a problem even though it doesn’t have wireless access or a USB port. Along with two HDMI ports and an RCA port, it also offers two VGA ports and a few other means of connecting computers or media players.The InFocus IN3148HD has a loud 10w speaker, but when turned up all the way it has some feedback and compared to other devices it can fall a bit flat. If you are looking for a projector for gaming and you are worried about lag time the IN3148 may not be the best fit for you but for anything else, it is an exceptional buy.
- Great colouring and decent contrast ratio
- It has one of the brightest bulbs in its price range.
- A huge 400-inch screen at a medium throw range.
- Has decent and loud speakers
- Comes with a two-year warranty on the bulb.
- It can have some lag.
- No USB port or wireless connectivity.
- Shorter bulb life
7. Optoma HD39Darbee
- One of Optomas Best
The Optoma HD39Darbee is a great projector for all an all-around good performance. Weighing just above 6 pounds, it is a highly portable device with amazing specifications for a projector in its price range. This projector is an excellent pick for anyone looking for a versatile machine that can deliver a powerful punch.Optoma is a leading provider of quality projectors; this device comes with a comprehensive three-year warranty with one year on the bulb itself. The company also offers extended warranties if you need or want one.
- Long Bulb Life
This projector sports a 260-watt bulb can project in a whopping 3500 ANSI lumens ensuring a dazzling display even in brighter lit rooms. Compared to other bulbs with its brightness, the Optoma HD39Darbee offers a longer life on its bulb.The lamp has three settings; Bright, Dynamic, and Eco mode. When set in dynamic mode the bulb has a projected life of 15,000 hours giving you an outstanding 13 and a half years of 3 hours a day watch time before you need a new lamp. When it is time to replace your bulb you should have any issues finding a replacement and Optoma offers easy ordering on their website.
- Great Performance
This projector has a native Full HD 1080p resolution with the ability to project in 3D. It can throw a 303-inch screen from a medium distance. With a contrast ratio of 32,000 to 1, you won’t be disappointed with the Optoma HD39Darbee’s picture presentation. The projector sports a reference display mode; giving it beautiful, accurate color via a REC.709 or an RGB connection. This projector has crisp and clear whites while blacks are deep giving visuals exceptional depth.
- Decent Speakers And No Lag
This Projector has a multitude of connection ports including two MHL supported HDMI ports. The Optoma HD39Darbee does not come standard with the wireless connection, but for an extra cost, you can upgrade the projector to become wireless.You should be happy with the performance of the 10w speaker or most uses, but it can offer some feedback when turned up to a maximum. There is no need to worry about lag time with this device because It also features an enhanced gaming mode with a 16ms response time.
- Virtually lag free
- Bright bulb with a long life
- Possible to upgrade to a wireless connection
- Great contrast ratio
- Good sound
- When you turn off the device after prolonged use, it may take a few hours before it can be booted up again.
8. Epson Home Cinema 2150
- Reliable And Versatile
The new line of Epson projectors has 3lcd technology which is why they are virtually free of the rainbowing effect. The Epson Home Cinema 2150 is an all-around great device if you need something versatile and reliable. This seven and a half pound device is easily transported from room to room or taken on the go to presentations if need be. The projector comes with a two-year warranty with only 90 days of coverage on the bulb.
- It Could Be Brighter
The Home Cinema 2150 has a 200 Watt bulb capable of projecting at 2,500 ANSI Lumens making it bright enough to enjoy in most settings. Compared to others on this list, it isn’t the most brilliant, but it is bright enough to deliver a spectacular display even with moderate ambient light.The bulb has a projected life of 7,500 hours in eco mode and 4,500 hours in normal mode. If you watch for 3 hours a day, your lamp will last almost seven years when in the eco mode before you need a replacement.
- Decent Performance
The Epson Home Cinema 2150 has full HD native 1080p resolution capable of projecting in 3D. The contrast ratio on this device is a whopping 60,000 to 1 with a beautiful display of a promised 1.07 billion colors. The blacks are, and the whites are vibrant and bright, you won’t have any complaints with the picture quality of this projector. 2150 can throw an impressive 300-inch screen from a medium throw distance.
- It Is Wireless
2150 offers you connect wirelessly and an MHL HDMI as well as various other ports including USB so you shouldn’t have any issues connecting with the device. The 10w speakers are loud enough to fill a room, but you may find that they aren’t as clear as you like.
- It has a wireless connection
- It is virtually free of the rainbowing effect
- The Speakers are loud.
- It has a high contrast ratio.
- No rainbowing effect
- No as bright as others in its class
- Can be laggy
3 Best Projectors under $150
It is often tricky to search for the best projector under $150 as there are a lot of choices and you come across names of the manufacturer you have never heard. So, it becomes a trust issue even if they boast a good list of features as we all know attributes can be sometimes deceptive and you can only rely on performance. To relieve you from this fuss, our lab experts have spent almost 35 hours on searching for the ideal projectors under $150 mark with top-notch performance.
|EDITOR’S CHOICE||1. DBPOWER Mini Projector||Check Price|
|RUNNER UP||2. Wsky T21 Video Projector||Check Price|
|3. DBPOWER T22||Check Price|
1. DBPOWER Mini Projector Review
What We Liked Most About This Product
Another good pick of our list, another cool product from the manufacturer DBPOWER. In here, we’ve a white little cool projector that’s a great value for the money invested on it.
If you ask me my foremost impression about it, I’d mention the connectivity of it. Unlike other models from the maker of it, it’s rich with a display, color, lumens, and durability. But its special connectivity with literally any kind of HDMI enabled device (PC, tablet, laptop, Androids, blue-rays, DVD players) made literally my jaw dropped.
Let’s head into the detailed review-
Features and Benefits
To be honest, DBPOWER RD-810 left us with complete satisfaction in all aspects of how we judge a budget-friendly projector device. Although, it’s not an outdoor-partying projector. But for people who have a plan to buy a cheap projector for home theater, this would be a right pick.
Let’s look at the technical specs now. DBPOWER RD-810 has a projector distance of 1.5-5 meters, an image sizing of 50 inches- 150 inches, and a minimum projector distance of 2- 2.5 meters. All of these values are great for home uses, as mentioned above.
As there are comparatively fewer lights in the home, you need to have supreme control over the luminous output of the home projector. Taking RD-810 in the count, we’re more than happy in that aspect. 1200 lumens of display intensity is all you will need for a family movie show or a personal gaming experience.
Who wants a noisy projector that would create more noises which will disturb you during a movie or game? You don’t right?
To make you even happier, the manufacturer had worked hard to reduce the fan noise to a minimum. As seen from the real user’s review, the fan creates way less sound than any other typical projector.
In an overall sense, DBPOWER RD-810 is a good-to-go home projector for less than $150 which sticks tightly to its promises of quality.
2. Wsky T21 Video Projector – Top Portable Projector under $150
What We Liked Most About This Product
Wsky T21 is a potent projector that holds the prowess to impress you with its performance and features. However, we mostly liked its support for 1080p content, immense screen size, and the inclusion of a lot of ports. We even liked its built-in speaker which is assisted by SRS technology.
Features and Benefits
Wsky T21 might cost lesser than a $100 projector but don’t be fooled by its price tag because it performs like a mid-range projector. This powerful LED projector is based on a 480p native resolution which delivers an outstanding visual performance with good color depth.
You will be even treated with a 16:9 aspect ratio and 1080p resolution support. The maker hasn’t compromised on clarity and 1500 lumens of brightness with 1000:1 contrast ratio serves as the proof. Once you get your hands on this projector, you won’t regret your decision because it will cradle your ear with an impeccable stereo performance which is assisted by SRS stereo speaker.
We always opt for the projector so that we can maximize our entertainment and T21 serves that purpose by providing screen size up to 176 inches. You can not only use this model for entertainment purposes but also as church projectors.
The LED bulb saves your energy by a large margin and it promises to stay by your side for 30000 hours. You will be offered 45-degree keystone correction, so calibration won’t be an issue. The availability of connection is abundant because it offers a large number of ports like HDMI, USB, AV, VGA, SD, etc. Not only that you can even connect your smartphone or laptop using a wireless dongle.
3. DBPOWER T22 – An Efficient Projector under $150
What We Liked Most About This Product
What did we like about DBPower T22 projector? To be honest most of its parts except few downsides which are a situation of most of the projectors. We were in awe with its economical price tag, immense lamp hour, brightness level and short throw distance.
Features and Benefits
DBPower T22 is an inexpensive yet powerful projector that suffices all your demand for mesmerizing home entertainment without any ado. It offers an 800X480 pixel native resolution but you will also get the support for 720p as well as 1080p. The impressive visual quality is backed up by 2400 lumens of brightness and 2000:1 contrast ratio.
Every visual is enriched with good amount of color, clarity and depth so you won’t feel that you have compromised on quality over price. This model even offers you change the screen size between 32 inches and 120 inches along with 1.5 to 2m throw distance which you will mostly find in above $1k projectors.
GP15 is a brilliantly designed product that comes loaded with a lot of calibration facilities. It utilizes LCD display technology to throw crisp visuals and plays almost all the modern formats when connected with external devices.
It comes with a lot of connection options that covers HDMI, USB, TF card, AV, VGA, 3.5mm, etc. The interesting part is that when you will use this projector you won’t hear any noise because the cooling fan has been designed in such a way. Lastly, it provides an incredible three-year manufacturer warranty along with technical support and customer service.
Best 8 Projectors under $200
In this section, we have a list of top 3 quality projectors under $200 that comes with an excellent set of features. We have provided a detailed review of all the top $200 projectors here so that you can get an in-depth idea about what you are going to buy. Our team has listed all these models after hours of research so that you can be assured you are going through the finest one of the market.
Let’s see top projectors (under $200):
|EDITOR’S CHOICE||1. VANKYO Leisure 510||Check Price|
|RUNNER UP||2. GooDee Movie Projector||Check Price|
|3. WiMiUS T4 Projector (Upgraded)||Check Price|
1. VANKYO Leisure 510 – Full HD Projector
- The build quality is excellent.
- Impressive visuals with bright frames.
- Accurate colors and excellent clarity.
- The fan noise is low.
- It comes with a considerable projection size.
- It often shows blurry edges.
Vankyo Leisure 510 is a gem in the bunch of projectors under 200 dollars as it uses TFT LCD display and LED light source to create an impressive image quality. The 1280 X 768 HD resolution serves as the central pillar behind its terrific image output.
To add to the visual quality with vividness and clarity, it makes use of 3600 LUX and 3000:1 contrast ratio. If you set this projector in a small room, you won’t require any speaker as its two 3-watt speakers will offer you a crystal clear sound quality with good volume.
Even though Vankyo Leisure 510 is not a big projector but still it managed to house HDMI, USB, VGA, AV, SD card and 3.5mm audio port. Vankyo has even included HDMI, VGA and AV cable in the package. Many experts regard it as a big-screen movie projector, and it is due to its immense screen size range of 44-200inche along with 1.4:1 short-throw ratio.
It comes with a powerful LED lamp that holds the prowess to last around 50000hours. Unlike others, it doesn’t bother you with annoying fan noise as it utilizes upgraded fans.
2. GooDee Movie Projector Review
- Accepts a lot of gaming input devices
- MHL technology to connect the projector to iPhones and iPad
- Ebook reader added in the software
- Comes with a lot of possible videos and audio output.
- Built-in stereo speakers.
- No audio distortions
- No mechanical noises
- Not travel friendly
Well, here we present GooDee Movie Projector, the most popular electronic item from the manufacturer GooDee.
So, what we loved most about GooDee Movie Projector? Well, it was hard to pick up one of its many virtues. But we think we’re in love with the quality of audio. Cheap and mid-range projectors are complained to have distorted sound with noise output. But that’s what this GooDee Movie Projector has worked on.
To serve the viewers with great video quality, a number of consequences had been implemented in this tiny machine. A video technology based on the mirror axis, paired up with the third generation display technology, ends up in a 1080p video quality.
An obvious property of projectors is the display distance and ratio. In the case of GooDee Movie Projector, the screen size is 35-180 inches and the projection ratio is calculated to be 1.2-5 meters. Comparing the other projection ratios of this list, we have a better value in the case of GooDee Movie Projector.
Many of the projectors offer Xbox connectivity with the hardware, but we think GooDee Movie Projector is really a notable one in this game. This particular projector has a long-earned reputation to be great gaming assistance. They fit with PS3, PS4 and also Xbox, Xbox 360, X-one series. With the HDMI port provided, this can be an amazing gaming experience.
An updated sound system, generated from the core sound card, ends up in to a high definition sound. No matter you’re up to a family movie time or enjoying your favorite sports, there will be no distortion at all. On an additional note, this makes no mechanical noise by itself.
3. WiMiUS T4 Projector (Upgraded)
- Impressive HD visual quality at this price point.
- Availability of varied type of ports.
- The fan runs quietly.
- The screen size array is wide.
- The package includes HDMI and AV cable.
- The edges are often blurry.
- The visuals are not that bright.
WiMiUS T4 is a conventional-looking device that is equipped with a TFT LCD display, LED light source and 3500 lumens, and together they yield a rich yet bright visual output. Another reason behind its impressive visuals is its 1280 X 800 native resolution along with 1080p support.
In addition, it also gets 3000:1 contrast ratio and 16.7m color support, and they help the device to showcase a clear visual with good color accuracy. To complete it as an entertainment package, WiMiUS has given an inbuilt stereo speaker that offers good surround sound.
The cooling technology residing in WiMiUS T4 is highly effective, and it bars you from getting bothered by any loud fan noise. The screen size range it offers is quite extensive, and it ranges between 50inch and 200inch. Even though it is not the best short throw projector under $200, but still it manages to provide you a 1-5.5m of throw distance range.
Like every other LED model, it also treats you with an extensive 50000hour of lamp lifespan. Lastly, it also serves as a multi-connection device that provides ports like HDMI, VGA, AV, USB, SD card, etc.
4. iDG-787W Mini Portable Projector by iDGLAX
The iDGLAX projector has native resolution f800p x 480x and is compatible w/ 1080i/p.
You can project images from 30-inch to 100-inch. The ideal distance from the screen is 6 to 9 feet from the screen/wall to provide the best viewing experience.
The LED Display tech reproduces a wider range of colors than a standard projector. This provides an image that’s richer/clearer.
- The unit supports input options like:-AV
You can charge your smartphone/tablet using the USB port.There’s an advanced cooling system and ball- bearing fans to help to reduce noise and over-heating. It also reduces the amount of maintenance you’ll have to conduct on the projector due to repairs.
The lamp provides soft brightness and a maximum of 20,000 hours of operation. This reduces the hassles and cost of lamp swaps so you’ll have to replace it less frequently than other units.
An HDMI cable and remote are bundled with the portable projector.
This portable projector includes a 1-year warranty service that includes customer service and technical support. You can contact the company about any questions/concerns you have.
This projector makes a good gift for friends, family, and children. It can be used for various applications including home theater, gaming, and movie nights. You can play games on gaming consoles like Xbox, Ps23, Wii, etc.
You can also connect your iOS/Android phone/tablet to the projector with an HDMI adapter. The projector is also compatible with PC/Mac to share content with your friends and family. If you use this option make sure to use the 800p x 600p or 1024p x 768p display resolution.
Another option is to connect the HDMI adapter to TV box and watch your favorite shows and programs.
You’ll be required to use external speakers when using VGA cord to connect the portable project when watching videos. The speakers will help to produce a louder/better sound.
- Excellent value for price point
- Ideal for shows, cartoons, and games
- Good customer service
- Remote control bundled with projector
- Easy to set up and operate
- Sometimes hard to clear/bright image
- Diagonal line on right side
- Fan is somewhat loud
5. Mini Portable Home Theater by Mileagea
The portable home theater creates an image ranging from 18-inch to 120-inch. It also produces a native resolution f800p x 480p and 800 lumens.
- The LED lamp is long-lasting, which helps to save time, effort, and money. You’ll usually only be required to replace the bulb every few years or so. Some of the benefits including fewer swaps and less maintenance.
The projector includes various connections including HDMI, VA, AV, audio, SD card, and USB. There are also built-in speakers so you won’t have to purchase standalone speakers for the mini projector.
The projector supports input resolutions including:
You can also connect the mini projector to the cable box, X-Box, PlayStation, DVD/Blu-ray player, and other devices. You can also use the USB port to play your favorite jams via a portable media player.
- Excellent customer service
- Good value for the price
- Connects to consoles, Fire sticks, phones, etc.
- Function in dim room
- Good picture quality
- Doesn’t support Dolby audio
- No adjustment dial for regulating image size
- Problems with USB
6. 5.5-inch HD Projector by XINDA
The XINDA projector offers 1080p resolution and high brightness. The unit is brighter/clearer than standard LED projectors via 3500 lumens.
Color accuracy is up to 3x higher than other projectors with high color brightness and 3x wider color spectrum. You can project HD images and videos.
It includes a 5.5-inch LCD display that can project from 32-in. to 200 in.
The projector has a basic yet stylish design with a stainless steel casing.
This HD projector also produces less noise due to the cooling system w/ heat dispersion. The projector also includes noise suppression tech that can reduce noise up to 50%. This provides a better viewing experience for friends and family.
You can also get experience Stereophonic/Surround Sound that creates an immersive experience like a movie theater.
The lamp has a life of up to 60,000 hours. If you watch one 2-hour movie daily, the lamp will still work for several years. This helps to reduce the time and effort required to swap in a new lamp.
The XINDA projected is backed by a 3-year warranty, and the company offers customer service/technical support. You can contact the company if you have any questions/concerns.
The mini projector is bundled with:
The projector also includes a 3-year warranty that includes customer service and technical support. The company will replace the unit if it stops working within 3 years after the purchase date.
The mini projector includes various input options including:
This gives you several options for content. You can also connect the projector to desktop/laptop, DVD/Blu-ray player, PS3/PS4, and Xbox through the HDMI port. The HDMI adapter can also be used to connect the mini projector to your iOS/Android smartphone/tablet.
The projector also supports various audio formats like ASF, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA, and image formats like BMP, JPEG, PNG, and TXT. This offers more versatility since you can enjoy several different formats in terms of video, images, and audio.
The projector includes a 5W built-in speaker so you won’t have to purchase a standalone unit.
- Brighter than similar projectors on the market
- Good price for full HD projector
- Good sound for small projector
- Bright and clear images
- Very small/compact projector
- Sometimes difficult to see details
- Sound might stop working quickly
- Might only last for months
7. SLCD Portable Projector by AbdTech
The focus can be tweaked using the image focusing function for a clearer HD picture. The projector produces 2600 lumens efficiently with 854p x 540x high definition. The AbdTech LCD produces a crisp/clear picture for indoor and outdoor activities.
The LCD projector can display images on screens ranging from 32-in. to 200-in. with a project distance ranging from 4 ft. to 20 ft.
You can use the 15-degree vertical keystone correction to get the best angle. This will provide the optimum viewing angle whether you’re watching a TV show or movie.
- The built-in power speakers are loud enough for outdoor movies using interfaces including HDMI, USB, VGA, and AV.You can also connect the projector to a PC/Mac via an HDMI cable. The AV cable can be used to connect the LCD projector to iOS and Android phones/tablets.The lamp has 20,000+ hours of life and can save up to 70% energy vs. other projectors.
The projector includes two USBs. One is for hard disk devices, U-0Dis,, etc. Meanwhile, the other USB slot can only be used for charging devices like phones, tablets, and media players.
Built-in speakers can improve the user experience when watching movies, viewing images, and playing games.
The cooling system w/ heat dispersion can help reduce sound by 50% via noise suppression. This improves the viewing experience of your family and guests.
The AbdTech includes a 1-year limited warranty for parts and a 90-day warranty for the lamp. It’s critical to read the terms & conditions, so you’ll know exactly what the warranty does and doesn’t cover.
The LCD Portable Projector can be used for various applications like indoor movie night with family or outdoor movie night with friends.
- Good for outdoor movies
- Good images in light and dark environments
- Built-in speaker
- Clear image on big screens
- Excellent specs for the price.
- Sound is very loud
- No carrying case bundled.
- Requires thicker HDMI cable
8. 2400Lux Mini Projector by TOPVISION
The TOPVISION projector offers 2400 lumens and is brighter than similar projects on the market. The company recently upgraded the projector’s lumens. It also includes a 2000:1 contrast ratio and 16:10 aspect ratio.
You can project the image to screens ranging from 50-in. to 176-in. This is with a projector distance from 1.5m to 5.2m. The optimum viewing distance is around 3m.
It’s quite easy to get a clear image. First, adjust the keystone correction, so the screen gets in the same place. Then tweak the focus ring.
- The TOPVISION unit also includes built-in hi-fi speakers. You can get full-spectrum sound indoors or outdoors.The projector’s lamp has a life up to 50,000 hrs. So if you watch one movie every day using the projector, you won’t have to change the lamp for several years.
This projector is bundled with remote control and AV cable.
The manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty that provides a refund or replacement if you have any issues with the mini projector. You can also contact the company if you have any questions or issues about the product.
The TOPVISION can be connected to a phone or laptop via USB cable without Wi-Fi and HDMI adapter. It’s compatible with:
This provides many options for content and offers greater flexibility vs. other pocket projectors available on the market. Unfortunately, you can’t access streaming services like Amazon Prime Video and Netflix due to copyrights.
You can use this projector for different applications like sports events, movie nights, and outdoor parties.
The USB cable lets you connect the projector or your iOS/Android mobile device.
For connecting Android phones/tablets, you’ll have to download a Google app.
Another key feature includes noise reduction. This is due to the cooling system that provides effective heat dissipation. That makes the projector much quieter than similar units on the market.
- Good visibility at nighttime
- Ideal for educational applications
- High image/sound quality
- Good option for family/friends
- Issues with resolution/brightness
- High-quality product for price range
- Might not be long-lasting
- Won’t work with Galaxy S9
Best 13 Projectors under $300
|EDITOR’S CHOICE||1. ViewSonic PA503S SVGA HDMI Projector||Check Price|
|RUNNER UP||2. BenQ MS524AE Video Projector Projector||Check Price|
|3. GAOAG Portable Projector||Check Price|
Here, we’ve picked up and reviewed the best models of projects that cost less than $300. As they are from reputed brands and full-form specs, you are sure that none of them sacrifices the quality in return of costs. All you have to do is, go through the reviews and see how versatile they are in real time use. Finally, find the best one for yourself.
1. ViewSonic PA503S SVGA HDMI Projector Review
What We Liked Most About This Product
While talking about a projector, a few technical specs make the difference between a good and a bad one. Specs like lamp lumen, lamp lifespan, resolution, throw ratio, and input methods- are the majors of them. We will break down each of them to let you justify that why we chose ViewSonic PA503S as #1 on our list.
Firstly, the 36000 Lumen brightness of this projector caught our attention about this product. So far, we are concerned, this is such a high score that very few of the projectors of this price range (300) can afford. No matter you’re in an indoor meeting or in an outdoor campsite, this projector will always give you the fullest of a video quality.
Moving forward, it comes about the lifespan of this model. Many may think that- As ViewSonic PA503S burned at 36000 lumens, it shouldn’t last long at all. But honestly, it does. Although the value of 15,000 hours is a maximum score of lifespan, considering its statistical data, it will be fluctuating in between 12,000 to 15,000 working hours for sure.
Till now, it sounds good. But what if you want to play a high-quality video on it? Will it get stuck?
We are happy to say that it won’t. At least the user experience data says so. The combination of SVGA 800 x 600 native resolution and a high contrast ratio leads to a completely smooth and flawless display of even Bluray video files and HD games.
Another good perk of ViewSonic PA503S is, it’s super compatible with a wide range of device types. No matter you have a laptop, desktop, DVD player, Bluray player, FireTV, AppleTV, Chromecast or anything else, it will take it right and show up on the screen with no single fall in the video quality.
Although the price seems to be right under the 300 USD mark, we are more than sure that it is the best LED projector under 300 and worth the money that you invest in it.
2. BenQ MS524AE Video Projector Projector Review
What We Liked Most About This Product
300 dollars is a pretty moderate budget for a projector for home or official purposes. You can’t expect either a hi-tech, fully featured models, nor a simple and cheap one. So, in this zone in between, it’s hard to find the right match for your purpose.
Thanks to the globally reputed brand BenQ, they’ve met both ends of price and quality in this amazing projector named BenQ MS524AE DLP 3300 lm SVGA Video Projector. It’s a perfect blend of all necessary functionalities that are required for corporate usage.
However, the most loved feature of this product is its dual input capability. It has both HDMI and VGA input method, with two input ports for each. As a benefit, you can connect and present two laptops/desktops at a time, no matter they are of HDMI or VGA connections.
Let’s head to the detailed feature section below-
Features and Benefits
The first spec that defines the quality of the best projector is its brightness. In case of BenQ MS524AE, the brightness is as high as 3300 Lumens. If you’ve been sticking around the projectors in the market, you might know that 3300 Lumens is a pretty high value for a projector under 300. Surely, having comfortable lights on presentation in offices and corporate houses are made super easy with such brightness.
You can’t have hours of free time to set up a complicated projector right before an office meeting, right? So, you might be in need of a projector that’s easy and quick to set up. Fortunately, the product that we got here, is an almost plug-n-play device. All you have to do is to empower it and input the video. The rest of its magical presentation will be taken over by BenQ MS524AE.
Moving forward, the aspect ratio is the rate of horizontal and vertical display rates in terms of resolution. In case of BenQ MS524AE, the ratio is 800×600 or 4:3. Resultantly, official ppt presentations will suit by default to the display, and you’ll have the exact display ratio on your computer screen.
You might know that projectors are such devices that consume a good amount of electrical power and leaves the unexpected heat at the environment. Both of these aspects are negative for the environment. But BenQ MS524AE is built in a way that made it consuming a very low power, and leaves a tiny amount of residue heat.
3. GAOAG Portable Projector Review
What We Liked Most About This Product
At the third place of the list, we wanted to provide something extraordinary, something that serves you remotely on the go. We were looking for the best portable projector for quite a long and finally, got one amazing product from the brand GAOAG.
The name is GAOAG Portable Video Projector. The name of it quite expresses its uses and benefits. But we want to draw your attention to its displaying potential. As a mini projector of such a tiny size, this model left us surprised with its displaying capability of screens of 44 inches to 200 inches size.
What it means is, no matter wherever you are, you can enjoy a full-form video experience with this product. It’s more like having a giant LED tv right in your pocket.
Let’s see what else we’ve got in this best pico projector under $300:
Features and Benefits
Your mobile has an awesome video quality of 1080p games and movies. But just for being a mobile, you can’t get the fullest of the video.
Well, the days are over. Now we’ve got such a mini projector that can turn any white screen into a 200 inches HD screen and show contents, games, videos right from your mobile. The best part it, because of being portable, it can be taken and plugged in anywhere, anytime.
Because of being a portable projector, many of you might think that it only connects to Androids and iPhones only. But we found something completely opposite. In spite of being small in size, it has a wide range of connectivity with devices like Camera, Laptops, Tablets, Android and iOS devices, TV boxes, Chromecasts etc. In fact, devices like T cards, portable hard drives, Bluetooth speakers, gaming consoles are also connectable.
Keystone correction is one essential feature of a good quality display projector. We’re glad that in spite of being a mini projector, this model does not compromise with the keystone correction. As a benefit, you will always get the perfectly rectangular sized display on any screen.
Another impression is the design of its backside ports. We really appreciated the design of how the brand GAOAG has put all the input, output and power channels on such a tiny dimension. You will see it to have the USB/MicroSD/HDMI inputs along with the reset button, power button and audio ports at the back panel. It’s the all-in-one best hd projector under 300 that provides optimal user experience.
- Mini pocket-sized projectors for iPhones, Android, and many other devices
- Can go through both wired and wireless connection
- Designed in a smart and unique way to maintain minimum dimension.
- Can display up to 30000 lamp hours
- Comes with a rechargeable battery
4. Portable LCD Home Projector by Wsky
- Image/ScreenThe Wsky LCD Home Projector includes 1920p x 1080p resolution, 75% more brightness vs. other LED projectors, and 2500:1 contrast ratio. The projector supports screen sizes up to 185-inches.
- Inputs/MultimediaThe projector supports images, TV series, movies, sports events, USB sticks, etc. You can use the HDMI/USB cables to connect the projector to iOS phones/tablets, or gaming consoles like Xbox One, PS$ or Wii.
- Speakers/Fan2 built-in Dolby speakers are included with the projector.The fan’s thermal system and Dolby sound effects produce 2x better heat dissipation, which makes the projector cooler and 50% quieter.
- Extras /SupportThe projector is bundled with a bonus HDMI cable.There’s also a 1-year warranty and customer service offered.
- Works in dim environments
- Shows soft edges at distance
- Many features for price point
- Effective indoors/outdoors
- Small/compact projector
- Lighting isn’t excellent
- Doesn’t support Blu-ray movies
- Might only last for weeks
5. 1080P Home Theater Projector by CiBest
- Image/ScreenThe HD Home Theater Projector offers 1920p x 1080p resolution, 4000:1 contrast ratio and projection size up to 200 inches. The unit is designed for home theater and backyard use.
- Inputs/MultimediaThe projector supports HDMI inputs/MHL connectivity. Other input options include VGA/AV/SD Card.You can connect the projector to devices like:
-Fire TV stick
- Speakers/FanThe upgraded speaker system includes two 4-Ohm speakers with surround sound system. The speakers provide enough sound for both indoor and outdoor use.The speakers include cooling technology, so noise is reduced to low/medium frequencies. This prevents the operating noise from interfering with the speakers’ normal volume levels.
- The LED lamp protects viewers from projector light and includes up to 50,000 hrs. of lamp life. Even if you use the project 10 hrs. daily the lamp will last for 10+ years.The projector can be installed on desk, table, or ceiling in the bedroom, living room, backyard, etc.
- Extras /SupportThe projector includes a 3-year warranty, and you can contact the company about any questions/concerns you have.
- Fan is relatively quiet
- Full HD resolution
- Has same features as expensive projectors
- Audio isn’t excellent
- Excellent value for the price
- Less bright than advertised
- Pixelated image
- Scratches on lens
6. GEARGO 2800 HD Portable Projector by GEARGO
- Image/ScreenThe GEARGO projector includes full HD resolution, 2800 lumens, and 2000:1 contrast. The manufacturer claims it’s 80% brighter than other projectors. The projector also works with screens up to 185-inches.
- Inputs/MultimediaThe speaker supports multiple input interfaces including ports for HDMI (2), SD, VGA, AV, USB, and earphones. You can also connect devices like iPhone/iOS Android phones/tablets, media players, USB flash drives, SD card, PC/Mac, etc.
- Speakers/FanThe HD projector includes built-in dual 3-watt Stereo Speakers that let you watch content in a regular size room without an external speaker.The in-house Noise Suppression System includes a cooling system to reduce fan sound by 90%.
- The LED lamp has a maximum of 30,000 hr. life so if you use the projector 10 hrs./day it will last for 12 yrs.
- Extras /SupportThe projector is bundled with:-HD Portable Projector
The GEARGO HD projector includes a 3-year replacement warranty. There’s also a 45-day guarantee so you can get a full refund within that timeframe.
- Excellent value for price
- Crisp/clear resolution
- Lightweight/portable projector
- Good design/durability
- Projector is easy to use
- Difficult to focus
- Fan is relatively loud
- Price should be lower for quality
7. M1 Portable Projector by ViewSonic
- Image/ScreenThe portable LED projector includes 854p x 480x resolution and projects on the wall up to 100-inches.The keystone feature lets you automatically correct images from any angle to provide the best viewing experience.
- Inputs/MultimediaThe project connects to Pc/Mac, mobile device, and media players through input options like USB-A/C, HDMI, and Micro SD,You can also use wireless HDMI dongles to stream wireless via Amazon Fire TV Stick and GoogleCast. You can mirror images/videos from a phone/tablet and share them from anywhere.
- Speakers/FanThe HD projector includes 2 built-in Harman Kardon speakers for quality digital. This provides clear/balanced bass, mids, and treble and immersive experience for live concerts, music videos, and blockbuster movies.
- This palm-size HD projector is small, compact, and lightweight. This makes it easy to use for indoor/outdoor and move it from room to room.The projector is easy to set-up/control through plug/play. This allows you to view images, videos, and presentations easily.The project has 16GB of internal storage for 4 hrs. of movies or 4,000 songs.
The battery lasts up to 6 hrs. on a single charge. You can also use USB-C to charge mobile devices like smartphones and tablets via the power adapter.
A safety feature causes the lens to switch off when the projector detects close objects.
- Extras /SupportThe built-in 360-degree Smart Stand lets you install the project at almost any angle. The stand also functions as a lens cover that switches off the HD projector when it’s closed and easily powers up the unit.The box includes:
-Quick Start guide
The HD Projector includes a 3-year warranty that covers parts/labor and 1-year light source coverage.
- Good projector business presentations
- Good audio/images
- Compatible with MacBook/iPad
- Stylish portable projector
- Might break quickly
- Max. SD card size is 32GB.
8. IN112XA HDMI Projector by InFocus
- Image/ScreenThe HD projector includes 800p x 600p resolution, 3800 lumens, and 26:1 contrast ratio for sharper images, brighter whites, and darker blacks. The screen projects onto screens up to 300-in.The projector includes DLP tech from Texas Instruments and in-house Brilliant Color. This produces 1+ billion colors.
- Inputs/MultimediaInput options include HDMI and VGA.The project also supports 3D content from PCs, Blu-ray players, video games, 3D broadcasting, etc. you must purchase 3D glasses separately.
- Speakers/FanWith a 3W mono speaker for an inbuilt projector speak it does the job but for high-quality crisp sound this is not the case. As per most of the projectors on this list, external speakers would be required except you could get away with it maybe outdoors on your patio on a quiet night.The fan noise when the projector is a full brightness is 31dB which is something you will definitely hear but shouldn’t be too much of a hassle.
- This home/business projector can be used for various applications like 3D movies, presentations, gaming, music, etc.The design of compact/lightweight, so it’s easy to move and install.The IN112XA has a lamp with up to 15,000 hrs. of life, which is among the most long-lasting lives among projector lamps.
- Extras /SupportThe product is bundled with Projector, Power Cord, VGA Cable, and Remote Control.The projector is covered by a 2-year warranty and customer service that doesn’t include phone trees or voice mail.
- Projector’s overall quality
- Size/weight ideal for traveling
- Synchs easily with devices
- Good option for consoles like PS4
- Clear/sharp image
- No lens cover
- Keystone isn’t very effect
- Speaker might not turn off
9. MS524AE Business Projector by BenQ
- Image/ScreenThe MS524AE produces 800p x 600x resolution, 3300 lumens, 15,000: 1 contrast, and 4:3 aspect ratio.The DLP tech from Texas Instruments and optical lens systems offer clarity, smooth color transitions, and crisp readability for better business presentations.
- Inputs/MultimediaInput options include 2 HDMI inputs for digital connectivity, HDTV/video compatibility. The projector can host multiple laptops/mobile devices without requiring IT support and complex adapters.
- Speakers/FanThe speakers for this device do not perform well as the sound can barely be heard so definitely a requirement for external sound systems.The fan on the other hand although it produces hot air does have a quiet noise range of 29-32dBA which shouldn’t disturb any viewing time with unwanted noise.
- The lamp has a maximum of 10000 hr. life in Smart Eco mode.Triple adjustment feet make it easy to move the projector from room to room.The total cost of ownership is low so you won’t have to spend tons of money on maintenance/repairs.
- Extras /SupportThe product is bundled with:-HD projector
-Quick Start Guide
-User Manual CD
- Includes features on pricier projectors
- Good for home/office/school
- Functions as entry/basic projector
- Works in bright environments
- Excellent value for price
- Short zoom
- Lamp life, not 10,000 hrs.
- Few positioning options
10. ABOX A6 Portable Home Theater by GooBang Doo
- Image/ScreenThe projector produces full HD with 1920p x 1080p resolution, 20 million dots, and a contrast ratio of 4,000:1. The resolution is 3x higher than the other 480p projectors.The ABOX A6 has 200 ANSI lumens and offers 4x brighter colors and a new optical system that includes brighter colors/white vs. other LCD projectors. The unit works even with a small amount of ambient light.
The HD projector can produce a 75% NTSC color spectrum, which is the global HDTV standard. This produces accurate movie theater colors.
The projector can be viewed on screens up to 200-inch. This is 16x bigger than a 60-inc. flat-screen TV.
The ABOX A6 projects RGB-LED light towards the wall/screen, which helps to reduce eye strain/fatigue.
- Inputs/MultimediaInput options include 2 HDMI, VGA, USB, and AV. You can connect the projector to iOS and Android smartphones/tablets for the screen mirror.HD sources include gaming consoles, Blu-ray/DVD player, and an Android box.
There’s an audio output for connecting the projector to an external speaker to build a surround sound system in your home.
The projector connects to devices like a smartphone, laptops, and amazon fire stick. Applications include movies, video games, business presentations, and weddings.
- Speakers/FanThe sound is boosted 50% by upgraded 80e-watt stereo speakers. You can use them for applications like movies, parties, and sports events.Fan noise is reduced by 30% due to heat dissipation and full sealed lens.
- The projector includes 45-degree vertical keystone correction.After long-term use, there are fewer burn images and black spots for optimized.The lamp life is up to 50,000 hrs.
- Extras /SupportThe HD projector is bundled with:-ABOX A6 Projector
The ABOX A6 is protected by a 2-year warranty with basic design.
- Crisp picture quality
- Native HD resolution
- Good for indoors/outdoors
- Easy to set-up/move
- Quality project w/ budget-friendly price
- Focusing home menu screen
- Compatibility with Chromecast Ultra/Dolby Audio
- Warranty/replacement issues
11. HD Portable Projector by CRENOVA
- Image/ScreenCRENOVA claims its projector is 80% brighter vs. similar projectors on the market. It includes 1280p x 800x resolution, 200 ANSI lumens, and 3000:1 contrast ratio. The LED light tech provides sharp/clear images and especially in dim environments.The project includes upgraded NTSC tech that provides better color gamut vs. similar projectors. The color-correction tech provides clear/natural colors.
The project can display images on screens up to 200-in. in certain situations.
- Inputs/MultimediaThe HD Portable Projector supports full HD content, and input options include RCA, HDMI, USB, AV, VGA, and MicroSD.
- Speakers/FanThe projector produces 90% less fan noise vs. similar projectors. That’s due to the cooling/fan system and Noise Suppression tech that produce less noise. You can also reduce the noise further by connecting the project to another audio device.The built-in speakers provide a clear/loud sound with good projection in a small room. The speakers include an SRS Sound System that produces high-end sound quality for indoor/outdoor use for an immersive experience. You also have the option to add an external speaker for louder sound.
- The lamp has a maximum life of 30,000 hrs. so you can use it for over 10 yrs. in certain cases.The fan’s vent door is removable for cleaning and overheating-prevention.The projector can be mounted on the ceiling using the mountain brackets/racks.
- Extras /SupportThe projector is bundled with Portable Projector, power cable, RCA/HDMI input cables, remote control, and instruction manual.This CRENOVA projector is covered by a 1-year warranty that provides refund/replacement. There’s also lifetime customer service and 24/7 tech support that provides help with any questions/concerns you have.
- Affordable yet good quality
- Easily connects to laptop
- Clear picture with little noise
- Movie theater-like experience
- Better than previous model
- Good customer service
- No SD slot
- No brightness controls
- Shipping/defective parts
12. PA503S HDMI Projector by ViewSonic
- Image/ScreenThe PA503S can be used for small business and education applications like images, videos, and presentations. The projector has a resolution of 800p x 600p and 3600 lumens.SuperColor tech provides a wide range of colors for clear images in nearly all lighting environments. The 6ms input latency provides quicker frame-by-frame action.
It produces images to screens up to 120-in.
- Inputs/MultimediaThe HDMI Projector can be connected to PC/Mac and smartphone/tablet. Input options include HDMI and VGA.
- SpeakersThis projector did not put much effort into the inbuilt speaker as only 2W power so highly recommended hooking it up to your own sound system for better performance. Is adequate enough for small meeting rooms for presentation noises or video but no the greatest.
- The lamp’s life is a maximum 15,000 hrs. in SuperEco mode that reduces lamp brightness by up to 70%. This can reduce energy consumption and thus the total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Extras /SupportThe projector is bundled with HDMI Projector, Power/VGA Cable, and Remote Control.The PA503S includes a 3-year limited warranty that covers parts/labor. There’s also 1-yr. lamp warranty.
- Excellent value for price
- Good project for backyard movies
- Can be used for indoor/outdoor movies
- Good for Power Point presentations
- Large/clear image
- Might only work for months
- Lamp costs as much as projector
- Shipping/packaging issues
13. Nebula Capsule Wi-Fi Mini Projector by Anker
- Image/ScreenNebula Capsule mirrors a smartphone’s screen or displays content from the video streaming app on a screen up to 100-in.DLP tech from Texas Instruments uses IntelliBright algorithms to produces 100 ANSI lumens.
- Inputs/MultimediaYou can connect Capsule to your iOS/Android phone at App Store and Google Play.
- Speakers/FanThe projector produces Omni-directional sound and supports Android 7.1 OS.
- The battery provides 4-hrs. of continuous video playtime on a single charge. You can also juice up the Capsule with the Quick Charge feature.
- Good portable projector
- Several features for the price
- Produces 100-in. display
- Good image/sound
- Can be set-up/installed quickly
- Doesn’t work well in bright rooms
- Packing doesn’t match product description
Best 10 Projectors under $500
Are you in the market for a home theater projector? Some units cost thousands of dollars, but you can also find budget projectors that are much cheaper. That includes the best projector under 500. We’ll be reviewing some of the top products on the market
1. VS355 3LCD Projector by Epson
The Epson VS355 has 800p x 600p resolution with 3,300 lumens with a balance of color/white brightness. The lamp lasts up to 10,000 hrs. to reduce total costs.
This Epson projector works with the newest phones/laptops and media players. The HDMI cable supports digital video/audio.
The projector is easy to set up and operate with convenient control and image adjustments.
The VS355 is bundled with a USB cable for PC/Mac and carrying case.
- Good option for travelers
- Good customer service/exchange process
- Wi-Fi enabled for wireless connectivity
- Produces sharp/bright image
- Projector can be used for outdoor theater
- No warranty if not bought from third-party seller
- Might have issues with refurbished product
- Might top working within months
2. ML750 LED Projector by Optoma
The ML750 is a LED Projector from Optoma. It includes a built-in Office Viewer for presentations and produces bright/clear images. You can use HDMI cable to present from the mobile devices.
The unit is powered by DLP tech by Texas Instruments. This helps to provide high-quality colors, brightness, and contrast.
You can use the projector to watch movies/TV shows, make presentations, and play video games. MHL connectivity allows you to connect to a smartphone/tablet to access photos, videos, and music.
You can make laptop-free presentations with a microSD card slot, built-in memory, and USB connection.
The lamp-free LED light source includes 700 lumens, 1W audio speaker, and a media player. It’s also bundled with a carrying bag.
The ML750 has a lightweight/compact design, so it’s very portable. The carrying case makes it easy to store and transport the projector when you need to.
The projector is also gaming-friendly. You can connect it to mobile devices, PCs/Macs, and gaming consoles. Features include large images, bright colors, and fast response times.
- Very light/compact projector
- Good projector for making presentations
- Good for projecting music videos during parties
- Can be stored in backpack
- Projects on 100-in. screen
- Issues with tech support team
- HDMI input might stop working
- Product summary/description are different
3. VS355 3LCD Projector by Epson
The VS355 produces 1280p x 800p resolution, which is the 2x SVGA resolution for HD presentations/video. It also has 3,300 lumens for bright/clear color in dim rooms. There’s also a 15,000:1 contrast ratio.
The VS355 is powered by DLP tech and optical lens systems for clarity, easy readability, and bright/clear colors for applications like business presentations.
The projector supports HDMI for digital audio/video and connects to smartphones, desktops/laptops, and media players. You can use HDMI inputs for multi-platform connectivity.
The setup is fast and easy using image adjustments/convenient control. It also features intuitive operation, easy maintenance, and eco-friendly low cost. The HDMI/VGA inputs host presenters and phones/tablets/laptops without adapters/IT support.
- Works effectively in dim/dark room
- Light, small, and portable
- Offers features found on high-end projectors
- Good picture quality
- Excellent value for the price range
- Doesn’t have keystone adjustments
- Lamp isn’t 10,000 hrs.
4. EX3260 3LCD Projector by Epson
The EX3260 is a 3LCD Projector from Epson. It has a 800p x 600p SVA resolution and 3300 lumens for graphics/presentations for bright/precise brightness for colors/white. It supports presentations, videos, and images in well-lit and dim areas with little ambient light.
This Epson projector supports HDMI connectivity so you can use one cable for digital video/audio. You can also use the projector for various portable media players and desktops/laptops. The USB cable allows you to project content from PCs/Macs instantly.
The lamp can last up to 10,000 hours. This provides convenience since you can save time and effort while reducing the total cost of projector ownership.
The projector’s setup is fast and easy so you can start using the unit easily. It features convenient control and image adjustments to make the process easier. The unit can also be powered down quickly so you can pack up the projector and go.
A carrying case is bundled with the EX3260. This makes the unit more portable and provides easy transport and storage.
- Projector can be used for outdoor theater
- Good for presentations/traveling
- Has many features for the price point
- Images are very sharp/bright
- Presentations for business/school
- Customer service isn’t excellent
- Problems with ceiling mount
- Noisy when fan is cooling down
5. H5382BD Home Theater Projector by Acer
The H5382BD features 1280p x 70p resolution and 3300 lumens. It offers high-quality colors, brightness, and contrast. There’s also a 16:9 aspect ratio that supports widescreen movies via HDTV and Blu-ray Disc.
The Acer projector includes an ambient light sensor so the unit can pick up ambient conditions. The image’s color saturation and brightness levels are optimized dynamically via Acer LumiSense+ tech.
It also features content-aware tech. This allows each frame to be optimized as the unit projects images on the wall or screen.
Acer’s 3D tech via eColor Boost improves color compensation. This produces true colors for 2D/3D content.
There’s also ColorSafe II and prevents the occurrence of color decay due to long-term projector use. This results in the colors remaining natural even after the projector’s long-term use.
Power management tech helps conserve the planet’s resources and provides the user with energy savings and thus lower utility bills.
The H5382BD offers easy installation, so the projector’s setup is fast and convenient.
This projector offers HDMI/MHL connectivity for digital video/audio input. You can display video/audio from smartphones/tablets and PCs/Macs using the HDMI/MHL port.
The H5382BD also offers a Wireless HD kit sold separately. This allows you to stream HD content without wires and prevents dealing with a bird’s nest of cables.
- Ceiling mounting available
- Good color in dim environments
- Can be used to replace main TV
- HDMI/MHL port can stream from PC
- Good entry-level projector
- Doesn’t have high durability
- Claimed bulb lifetime isn’t accurate
- Audio isn’t very good
6.PH550 Minibeam Projector by LG
The LG PH550is Projector features Bluetooth sound, built-in battery, and screen share. It produces HD (1280p x 720p) images and a maximum 550 lumens.
The projector also features a wireless connection via Android and Windows platforms. You can access content wirelessly through a smartphone, tablet, and USB drive.
The projector can stream sound wirelessly to sound system that’s Bluetooth compatible like headphones, home audio speakers, or portable speakers. This combines big screen and audio.
The PH550 also contains a built-in battery that has a battery life of 2.5 hours. Meanwhile, the lamp has a 30,000 hr. life. If you want a 2-hour movie daily, the lamp won’t have to be replaced until 40 years.
- Good image
- Excellent for movie night
- Works well with minimum keystone correction
- Easy connectivity
- Unit is very portable
- Doesn’t connect to iPhones via Bluetooth
- Good for dim environments
- Length of cable
- Sound isn’t excellent
7. EX7240 3LCD Projector by Epson
The Epson EX7240 is a certified refurbished model that offers a 1280p x 800p resolution. The resolution is 2x higher than SVGA for HD presentations.
There are wireless connectivity and 3200 lumens. It includes a 90-day warranty and has been tested/inspected by Amazon supplier.
The Epson projector produces 3200 lumens and is a good unit for well-lit rooms.
The unit includes USB Plug n Play. You can also connect wirelessly to a smartphone, tablet or laptop without connecting the devices to the projector. This allows you to use the mobile device anywhere in the room. The setup is fast and easy through convenient control and image adjustments.
You can share images and videos from a phone/tablet/streaming device. EX7240 supports Roku, Chromecast, and other MHL-enabled devices.
The Epson projector eliminates the need to use laptops for presentations. You can display photos and videos from devices like smartphones and tablets. The projector can even charge your device so you won’t have to spend down-time during presentations.
The lamp can last a maximum of 10,000 hours. This reduces the total cost of ownership and reduces the time and effort required to maintain the Epson projector.
- Lower price due to refurbished unit
- Bundled with carrying bag7
- Original accessories/cables included
- Refurbished but almost new
- Good for basic AV applications
- No HDMI cable
- Wireless function streams slow
- Carry bag isn’t heavy-duty
8. MW526AE Business Projector by BenQ
The MW526AE has 1280p x 800p resolution and 3300 lumens, 15,000:1 contrast ratio, and 16:10 aspect ratio. It offers bright color for presentations in lit and dim meeting rooms.
I/O connectivity includes 2 HDMI and 2 VGA inputs for multi-platform connectivity. This makes it easy to connect the projector to devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops. It makes the process easier since you won’t have to deal with complex adapters.
The BenQ projector has a fast and easy setup, intuitive operation, and easy maintenance for better functionality. It also features DLP tech and optical lens systems that are all-glass.
This provides smooth color transitions, clarity, and crisp readability. As a result business/school presentations will provide benefits in terms of collaboration, discussion, and effectiveness.
The MW526AE projector has a low noise level at 29 dBA in economic mode. This helps to prevent being disturbed when operating the projector.
The projector is also eco-friendly with a low total cost of ownership.
The triple adjustment feet make the BenQ projector more portable since it’s easier to move around when necessary.
- Includes features found on $1000+ projectors
- Effective business projector
- Can be used for indoor/outdoor applications
- Can be used for video and video games
- Good project for the price range
- Keystone adjustment missing
- Speaker doesn’t sound good
- Shipping issues
9. PRO7827HD Home Theater Projector by ViewSonic
The PRO7827HD is a home theater projector with a movie theater-like experience. The projector produces images in 1920x x 1080p full HD and 2200 lumens. It can project images on the screen as large as 300-in.
The projector produces cinematic colors with 709 color accuracy to produce natural colors. This provides 100% color accuracy for color that’s typically only found in movie theaters. Rec. 709 is an HDTV standard and reproduces the original content’s colors.
The PRO7827HD also includes ISF-certified tools for color calibration. The Day and Night modes provide optimized color in bright/dark environments. You can also get on-site tuning by ISF-certified technicians for customized image calibration.
The projector includes flexible connectivity. It supports PC/Mac, iOS/Android mobile devices, media players, and gaming consoles. You also have various input options like USB and HDMI. You can also stream content wirelessly from devices to the projector.
This ViewSonic unit also features 2 built-in 10-watt speakers, so audio complements the home theater’s audio.
The projector is easy to set up and includes 4-corner adjustment, 1.3x optical zoom, vertical lens shift, and vertical/horizontal keystone. All of these features make the setup of the PRO7827HD fast and easy.
The unit’s design hides cable wires and exposed ports. The lamp door is easy-access, so it’s easy to maintain and replace the lamp. Since it has a high lifespan, you won’t have to replace the unit frequently.
You’ll also receive various mounting options. The projector has a standard lens so the projector can be placed anywhere for big/bright images. Various features make adjustments to end crooked/distorted images. This is even possible when the projector is positioned at an angle that’s not direct to the screen.
The PRO7827HD includes:
-Cable Management Cover
The projector is protected by a 3-year limited parts/labor warranty. There’s also a 1-year lamp warranty. The warranties both include access to the company’s customer service team that’s US-based.
- Good value for the price range
- Clear image in bright environments
- Fairly quiet operation
- Feature to adjust corners/keystone
- Clear/detailed images
- Sometimes isn’t new projector
- Most settings disabled for HDMI
- Doesn’t support 4K
10. PA503X HDMI Projector by ViewSonic
The ViewSonic PA503X is an HDMI Projector that can be used for business and educational applications.
The unit has a 1024p x 768x resolution, 3,600 lumens, and projects on screens as large as 120-inches. It includes easy setup/control. You can plug/play images, videos, and presentations.
ViewSonic’s in-house SuperColor tech includes 6-segment color wheel and lamp control. This offers a wide range of colors and eye-catching images.
This unit includes many connectivity options including Pc/Mac, smartphone/tablet, and media players. Input options include VGA and HDMI.
The lamp life is a maximum of 15,000 hrs. in SuperEco Mode. This helps you save time, effort, and money vs. other projectors’ lamps.
The box includes:
The PA503X projector includes a 3-year limited warranty that covers parts/labor. There’s also a 1-year lamp warranty, and both warranties include access to the company’s’ customer service team.
- Good value for the price
- Can be used for indoor/outdoor viewing
- Menu is relatively intuitive
- Excellent customer service
- Big/clear image
- Freezes often
- Minimal instructions
- Might stop working after months
Budget Projector Screen Options
I remember back in my school days. They used to roll down the Projector screen manually, and it would make a sharp creaking sound that sent shivers down our spines. Listening to this screen roll down was almost like a new and imaginative form of corporal punishment. To add insult to injury, once the images appeared they rippled along the creases the thick material always had. Amazingly that screen cost 400 dollars. Today, however, things have changed for the better. You can now get screens that show perfect crease-free images for between 100 and 200 dollars. And, they don’t creak anymore. Screens determine where you can sit, how close you can sit and the quality of images you see so they’re very important. I’m going to take you through the details of some of the best budget projector screens I’ve found so that you can choose the right one first time.
1. Elite Screens Yard Master 2 120 Inch
The Elite Screens Yard Master 2 is a smaller, watered-down version of a much more expensive prequel screen called the Yard Master. They did, however, keep enough good stuff in to make this a major bargain at around 170 dollars. It’s such good value that’s it’s almost unbelievable that they could put in so many great features and still sell for below 200.
Take for example the 180-degree viewing angle. That’s the same viewing angle you get on the original 500 dollars Yard Master. And viewing angle is so important. It tells you where you can sit in relation to the screen. At 180 degrees you’ll be able to sit 180 degrees to the side and still get a perfect picture. So this is great for huge gatherings, like party’s, school fates and nightclubs. Places where you’re expecting lots of people. And, it’s the best viewing angle you’ll get for under 200 dollars. Well done Elite Screens for keeping this in.
You’ll also get the same clear images you get with the 500 dollars Yard Master. There are a few changes though, as you might expect given that they knocked 300 dollars off the price. The bordering isn’t as dark as on the original Yard Master so it doesn’t absorb as much light, meaning that for viewing in ambient light you’ll need upwards of 2500 Lumens. It’s also not as heavy as the original Yard Master, so it’s not as resistant to knocks.
It’s 120 inches diagonally too, whereas the Yard Master was 150 inches. That’s not much of a loss though when you’re saving 300 dollars. You’ll be pleased however to know that the set-up is the same as on the original Yard Master. Very simple. Just connect the frame together. It comes in four pieces. Then place the connected frame face down on the ground, before slotting in the screen and clamping. The whole thing can be done in 15 minutes and it’s weatherproof too.
2. Meitoot DIY Protable Screen 150 Inch
The Meitoot would normally have made number 1 on most lists of best budget projector screens. But, Elite Screens did something really special to create the Yard Master 2 120 Inch for 170 dollars. So as things stand this is just a great budget screen, but not the best. But, hey, maybe you’d like a little more size than the YardMaster 2 offers and the Meitoot is 150 inches max diameter. So if the length is what you need in a budget screen then this could be for you.
There just isn’t the same amount of viewing angle though here. So you’re not going to be able to assemble a large crowd of 50 people and have all of them viewing perfect images. The viewing angle is only 120 degrees, so while you can sit out to the side, you can’t be too far out. But if you only have a few friends you invite over, totaling around 10 people then you really won’t need all that 180-degree viewing angle on the Yard Master 2 anyway.
The one gripe I have here is that images can appear slightly darker than the Yard Master 2. This is great for movies but not as good for games. It’s the material the screen is made out of. It’s just of a little less quality than the Yard Master 2, but still better than most budget screens. I would also say the set-up is slightly tougher because you need to stretch the screen tighter, so there’s a bit a muscle work doing this.
Other than these slight issues there’s a bargain to be had here. 150 inches of room on a quality sturdy weatherproof build that is fold-able to save space. Honestly, if you’re taking this camping or using it for the family out in the backyard then you may favor this because it comes at around 120 dollars which is 50 dollars cheaper than the Yard Master 2
3. JaeilPLM Wrinkle-Free Portable Outdoor Projection Screen
Before I go through all of the good stuff this screen offers I’m going to tell you why it only made number 3. Well, it’s just as good as those above but it has a flaw. You can’t use it in windy conditions because of the flimsy nature of the frame. It’ll fall over. It’s not the kind of frame you can just knock and it collapses, but it’s not strong either. A good gust of wind will flatten this thing. Which is a shame because lots of people like viewing outside. So you should use this indoors mainly and outdoors on calm days.
Other than this is one outstanding bargain.
First of all, it comes with much fewer creases than the other two, so you can get started straight away. If you’re going to pack it up a lot and only take it out when you’re going to use it then you’ll really come to appreciate the time you save not having to constantly iron out creases. It really is very user friendly. And, the picture is the best of the three. This screen absorbs lots of light and while its bordering looks thin, it does prevent against light spill, leaving you with the images your Projector manufacture intended.
It’s only 100 inches compared to 150 on the Meitoot and 120 and the Elite Screens model. So you are looking at a bit of a size differential. However, there’s a really good viewing angle of 150 degrees here which puts it second only to the Yard Master in terms of seating freedom. It’s also the cheapest on the list at under 100 dollars and the easiest to fold up and pack.
Projectors For Sale
Projectors are expensive. Anyone without an appreciation of how HD projectors can enhance a movie or game experience will think of them as luxury toys. The demand for these devices stems from wanting a better and more immersive experience but the prices are a hindrance. A high-resolution projector can costs upwards of a thousand dollars. There are refurbished and used options on Amazon and eBay but there’s always the inherent risk with buying used devices.
The other alternative is to spend hours, even days looking for a good cheap projector for sale. We decided to make this chore a little simpler for you and have chosen the best projectors with massive discounts and maximum value for money. Most of these offers will be sold out within days so get yours while there’s time.
1. Digital Galaxy DG-737 HDMI 1080P Compatible LCD Projector,US warranty and support
A simple projector targeted at first time users. This device is not recommended for office purposes and will mainly suit home users. The brightness on this device is high enough for most games and movies. One of the problems with this device would be the replacement lamps which are not easily available. The projector would last for a couple of years which is good enough for first time users who can then upgrade to a more powerful device.
2. Cocar Mini Video Projector, DLP HDMI Screen Share, Android OS, High Brightness
The device comes with a SVGA resolution of 800×600 which admittedly is not the best. But there’s more to this projector than that. It’s that rare 3D device in the sub $300 range that manages to provide a decent 3D experience. The resolution (which is it’s the only drawback) will not matter once the user is sitting a few feet away from the screen. Off course, it won’t match up to an HD experience but it’s a small price to pay for the great overall deal. The lamp-life, brightness, refresh rate are all fairly standard in this device and for the mentioned price, it’s a good deal.
3. DB Power LED-66 Home Theater Projector 1080P Video Projector Support Home Movie, Games, Meeting, Teaching (Black)
DB Power is a relatively new company started in late 2008. They specialize in producing security equipment but are now also dabbling there hands in projector making. Most of the projectors produced by them are highly cost-effective along with good specifications. The device has a color brightness of 2000 lumens with an 800:1 contrast ratio. These specs should be considered very competitive for the price. And if you combine these specs with a 20000 hours LED lamp-life, then this projector makes for a sweet deal indeed.
4. ViewSonic PJD5134 SVGA DLP Projector (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
One of the most popular projectors since it’s release in early 2012, this Viewsonic projector remains popular due to its low price and favorable reviews. You can’t go wrong with this device except again for the resolution. The brightness on the device which is at 3000 lumens will try to make up for the lower resolution of 800 x 600. The image clarity and contrast on this device are at par with other more expensive models. The lamp life is good too at 10000 hours and it also supports 3D.
5. iDGLAX DG-747 LED HDMI Movie Video Projector, 800 x 600 Pixels for Home Theater and Game
Another entry-level device but surprisingly powerful at 2500 lumens. The contrast ratio and resolution for this device are just as surprising for the price. The lamp life at 5000 hours would be great for first time users looking to get a taste for projectors. Goes without saying that this projector is best suited for home and office use, we would not suggest using this in large or brightly lit spaces.
6. Epson VS330, XGA, 2700 Lumens Color Brightness (color light output), 2700 Lumens White Brightness, 3LCD Projector
An XGA projector with a native resolution of 1024 x 768, this projector will suit both home and office purposes. The device uses 3LCD technology as opposed to the DLP technology used by most other projectors. This makes the device extremely bright and lightweight. The EPSON VS330 is also a good looking projector with the solid build quality.